Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Emailing CEO's does work!
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Jewson’s this time. Excess building materials sat in front of my house for a month, repeated promises that they’ll be picked up on specific dates by the branch, repeated excuses and ‘problems with the truck’.

Email of complaint to the CEO at 1045 this morning, apology by email at 1245, truck here at 1330. Not bad to be fair, just local muppetry it seems.

sandwicheater

Caterpillar Entertainment Ostrich gets the job done again, fact! You got to love a company that employs an Ostrich, brave forward thinking.

njee20
    Free Member

Worked with Amazon a couple of years ago, their ineptitude lead to all sorts of issues, dragged on for months, email to CEO, sorted within 12 hours.

hot_fiat

Have done this to a few companies including Barclays Business Banking and the Post Office. Each time the issue was sorted within hours. Generally helps if you .cc the person you’re whinging about. I think it’s more the fear of being trodden on from on high that makes people suddenly become capable of doing the right thing.

peteimpreza

This reminds of a story from my time with Proton UK.

Customer ended up with a lemon of a car. Easily done with Proton.

UK dealer treated her poorley and the UK head office was not much better.

Did the customer email the CEO of Proton.

No, she too a flight to Kuala Lumpur and turned up at the fron door of Proton HQ.

This resulted in an immediate delivery of a brand new top specifaction car. Luxury hotel stay in KL and an upgrade to 1st class for the flight home and full conpensation for the flight cost.

DezB
    Free Member

I did it with an insurance company who blacklisted me for an honest mistake. Next day a very pleasant lady phoned and the issue was gone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I did it with British Airways once upon a time (back in the days of snail mail for everything). Ended up with a letter of apology and around a gazillion airmiles (that I never bloody used 🙁 )

29erKeith
    Free Member

Not With Dsyon it doesn’t, mistake after mistake with them, my wife and I both wasted half a day at home, numerous call to try and sort it out and chase and more calls again to chase a refund.

Sounds like some unscrupulous scrote down the roads got a brand new dc25 for free as Dyson don’t seem to be that bothered about collecting it, and for all the hassle they just offered be some crappy old stock tool kit which is frankly useless to me. Bloody waste of time even bothering. Very tempted to go down there and ask for the parcel that’s addressed to me and not him that he’s signed for and taken! Dyson repeatedly getting the wrong address over and over despite being told over and over, Idiots! the addressing issue is not the only problem either there were several more. After 7 weeks of cock ups I got it fixed elsewhere for less in a couple of days and gave up trying to get a new one too.

I think I’ll be black listing Dyson personally now, which is a shame as I like some of their products.

Oh dear James Dyson what has gone on with what was once a really good company for products and Service

ericemel
    Free Member

DHL promote it and it works a treat

http://parcel.dhl.co.uk/m/call-top.php

stumpy01

Mate of mine had his car serviced at Halfords (yes, I know!) and had the cambelt done. Got a few metres from his door to a loud engine related bang…turned out they bodged the cambelt and the tensioner pulley failed.

Multiple phone calls to the garage, plus phone calls to customer services went nowhere so he emailed the CEO explaining the circumstances as well as the lack of follow-up from the garage and customer services.
    In no time at all he had it towed to an independent VAG service place for inspection and they did all the repair work. Halfords refunded the service cost and paid for all the remedial work.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I like the sound of this.. How does one go about finding a CEO’s email address? Surely it can’t be CEO@company.com?

just5minutes
    Free Member

have to say Dyson have been pretty good – our DC25 brush head stopped working… not sure if it was the cleaner who knackered it or it just gave up after several months being used on a building site.

Anyway, phoned them last Friday, they asked me to try a few things over the phone with no luck so they posted me an £82 replacement brush head for free – it came next day and sorted the problem. The vacuum is 3 years old so that’s pretty good service in my book.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I like the sound of this.. How does one go about finding a CEO’s email address? Surely it can’t be CEO@company.com?

I’ve got no idea how accurate or up to date this list is.
    http://www.ceoemail.com/

ericemel
    Free Member

In my experience it usually is. No reason to hide and they usually have a EA to deal with their inbox

29erKeith
    Free Member

just5minutes – We have had great service from them before too. this time was awful.

dc07 motor gone – call up to book repair (telling them it was the motor)
    told 2 weeks which was rubbish but not the end of the world.
    engineer goes to wrong address, eventually gets to us, “yeah your motor’s gone but I haven’t got any”
    Books another engineer for another week and correct address.

Next engineer, wrong address again! turns up “fixed price repair” increases for filters which the first guys didn’t even check.
    He makes it very clear he doesn’t want to fix it and it will be impossible for me to get parts for it within months so you’d best buy new from our grade A discount list. Put on the spot I order and after being without a vacuum for weeks I order a new one and update our address again!! system updated and a photo of invoice with correct address emailed through too.

Over a weeks gone by no dc25, so I call them, yeah it’s been delivered and signed for. No it hasn’t! wrong address yet again. after a little research I’d seen that the massive discount was actually £10 from what I’d have paid at John Lewis or Tesco’s and also see a lot of reviews about the shorter hose and cord on the dc25 so decide sod it I’ll cancel and do something else. It took a further 3 or 4 calls with long periods on hold and nearly 2 weeks to get my money back.

From recent emails it seems they’ve not recovered the dc25, so some cheeky sods got a free dc25 and they offer me some “new old stock” tool for my dc07 which I neither need or want.

Awful! Service

I just googled and got an email supposedly for James Dyson but just got “the system” responding back

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

No, she too a flight to Kuala Lumpur and turned up at the fron door of Proton HQ

If she could afford to do this, then what the hell was she doing buying a Proton in the first place?

winston
    Free Member

Did it with CRC earlier in the year. Several email exchanges with a CR rep of limited imagination really wound me up so I pushed the nuke button and got a personal reply that evening even apologizing for his delay responding but that he had been on a day off! Whole issue was sorted by his personal dude in record time with constant follow ups and I’ve probably spent double my original stake there since…

Most CEO’s are CEO’s for a reason

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Mark is a decent down to earth guy. Met him a couple of times and going out on the bike with him next month.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Has anyone emailed the ceo of BT, id like to tell him how shite his internet service is and that calling india to report a fault about it is akin to pulling your own fingernails out, slowly

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve got no idea how accurate or up to date this list is.
    http://www.ceoemail.com/

Yep, our CEO and CFO emails are correct in that list. Not that either of them receive emails directly. All handled by PA’s who have a standard process for dealing with direct complaint emails.

Wacko emails just get binned at the gateways so make sure it’s coherent, concise, factual and doesn’t contain any swearing and you’ve got more chance.

white101

Tried this with homebase after months of wrangling. Emailed ceo and financial director. Took 2hours and the pa of both was on the phone. Owned by the same mob as Argos.

gribble
    Free Member

Bloodynora, yes, I have emailed CEO of BT (about 5 + years ago). For a problem fixed very quickly. Usually story of multiple instructions and requests being cocked up. I worked for a company managing a shopping centre and BT lines were pretty essential for a number of reasons, as thus are to most people.

Did not feel very professional at the time, but looking back, I have spent enough hours on the phone to the. Trying to get stuff sorted.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Emailing CEO's does work!’ is closed to new replies.