Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ellmau SkiWelt Area – Austria Holiday Advice
  • andykirk
    Free Member

Hello…

Have a chance of a good deal on a snowboard holiday to the above area mid January. All looks good apart from a slight possibility of lack of snow? Can anyone offer any guidance who has been?

Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s a massive area. Pretty sure there will be snow somewhere. Any reason you think there won’t be in January? If it’s anything like last season then maybe some of the lower slopes may be limited but you’ll get snow elsewhere.

Andy_B

It’s great. Huge area and there will be snow. Anything specific you need to know?

andykirk
    Free Member

…just will there be snow!! i.e enough to ski down to Ellmau and coverage on the upper slopes. Bit of a crystal ball question I know just I have been on trips before and lack of snow has really spoiled them. Not to Austria I might add.

Andy_B

Austria has a little bit of snow already. You’ll be fine.

andykirk
    Free Member

Thanks gents. It’s booked! Must start ski-fitness routine….. soon.

surfer
    Free Member

Been to Ellmau twice, ski area is vast 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

The area is vast but a lot of the pistes are quite short, apart from the main runs down to the villages. We’ve been a couple of times, first time snow cover was no problem, but the last time it was very limited (2 years ago at Christmas). I would be very surprised if by mid January there isn’t enough snow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ellmau SkiWelt Area – Austria Holiday Advice’ is closed to new replies.