Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Elixir Problems – Vibration when Braking
  • anto164
    Free Member

So, i’ve now got the dreaded ‘elixir vibration’ which is when you touch the brake, there is a vibration which travels through the whole frame.

Pads aren’t contaminated, and there is still power in the brake, but the vibration is something i cannot live with.

Anyone had the same problem, and if so, what have you changed to fix the problem? I’m thinking of getting a new rotor and being done with it.

slowrider
    Free Member

This used to be an issue with the rotors avid used to use on their juicys, didn’t realise it was still the case though. Dumb q, but you’ve checked all your rotor bolts and the calliper bolts yeah?

maxsatnav
    Free Member

I used to get this loads especially on the rear but i changed the rotor and it came back so i changed the fluid in the offending system(rear)and it returned after 6mnths… then i stopped using ANY cleaning products when washing the bike and not had a problem since.

just hose off and dry

GJP
    Free Member

When I had it it was down to putting one of the tri-align caliper washers on the wrong way around. Simple fix.

starsh78
    Free Member

i had this issue, i changed my pads from the stock ones to Clarks and the problem went away

Oxboy
    Free Member

I had problems with my avid brakes, I cured it by buying some hayes brakes, problems over!

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Mmmmm! Hayes brakes, a whole new set of problems. You’ll soon find out.
    Avid vibration has to be down to setup. I never get any problems on my customers’ brakes, because I set them up correctly.

dyna-ti

Expect some plonker to suggest copaslip 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

moast likely explanation is uneven deposits of pad material on the discs. Sand the discs down and bed in again.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Had it on the back of my scandal – pad swap cured it

Tiger6791

Sounds wrong but try greasing the reverse of the pads. Not the friction side!

dyna-ti

Remember the heat aspect Tiger.as it heats up it becomes a bit more fluid and could likely creep on to the pads 😕
    Just a thought

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Elixir Problems – Vibration when Braking’ is closed to new replies.