Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Elemnt Bolt and Strava not talking – what have I missed?
  • MoreCashThanDash

So I won an Elemnt Bolt, and today I’ve done my first ride with it.

Now, I’ve got the Elemnt app on my phone, and used that to set up the device, and thought I’d linked it to Strava. Did the ride, synced the device to my phone, the ride comes up on my phone, press the Strava option, the ride opens in Strava for viewing, but doesn’t appear to save, or offer me an option to save. Close Strava, reopen it and the new ride has gone.

Opened Strava on the PC, sure enough, the ride isn’t there. Checked the Strava notes for linking a Wahoo device to Strava, and it talks about going through the Wahoo Fitness app. Download that to the phone, but it can’t find the Bolt via Bluetooth.

Before I disappear in a downward spiral of frustration, what simple step have I missed here?

Thank you.

dannybgoode

I get my Bolt tomorrow and don’t yet even have a Strava account so will be setting the whole thing up from scratch.

If I spot anything I think you may have missed I’ll let you know.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers – I’m sure it’s something straightforward I’ve overlooked.

catdras
    Free Member

On the wahoo app,
    when you go to the results button, click the route, scroll down. It should look like it does in my screenshot.

If it doesn’t have the green tick then click the logo and it’ll try uploading again. Worth double checking you have WiFi set up properly on the bolt as well.

MoreCashThanDash

Catdras – that’s what I see – I could open the ride in Strava through that icon but it won’t save it in Strava?

catdras
    Free Member

When you click it does it give you this prompt?

Double check the WiFi settings in the wahoo app and your strava login info.

MoreCashThanDash

So, come to have another look at this and suddenly yesterdays Wahoo rides appear in my Strava Dashboard on the PC, but I can’t edit/rename them, and they don’t appear in the weekly training record – similarly that annoying “Your ride is ready to view” message doesn’t seem to have picked them up either.

So the Wahoo is talking to Strava, but one of them isn’t passing on/acting on all the info?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Elemnt Bolt and Strava not talking – what have I missed?’ is closed to new replies.