Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Electronic/digital drum kits £300 or less???
  • ads678

Has anyone got or used an electronic drum kit that cost £300 or less? I don’t have any where to set up my normal kit at the moment and am thinking of getting an electric one. I’m not the best drummer in the world but don’t want something that is totally useless, so just wondering if they are any good at this sort of price??

Any help appreciated as I’ve only ever played one electric kit before and that was well out of my price range!!

paul_m

I have an Alesis DM6 drum kit that my son used (or rather didn’t use) that I am looking to sell if you are interested. Bought it 2 years ago, and has been used maybe 10-20 times.

Can’t comment on how it compares to other kits as I haven’t seen used any others, but got good reviews at the time.

Let me know if you are interested (email in profile)

ads678

Cheers Paul I’ll bear that in mind, only just started looking but yours is one I was looking at so might come back to you if I decide to buy one.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I got my daughter a base model yamaha kit from ebay. It was £400 new and I got it for £150ish. It had been hardly used.

Don’t get one on the run up to christmas as the prices go mad as people want them for presents. The kits were going for almost new price for secondhand stuff. I got her’s in the week betwen xmas and new year for half the price of the week before. After getting to grade 4 she stopped playing and it languishes in the garage

nbt

I picked up a kit similiar to the DM6 for about £150 secondhand. I rarely use it, it’s not really like a proper acoustic kit at all. It’s good for feeding sonsgterr through the inputs so I can play along with a tab at half speed to learn fills and riffs

colp

I’ve tested a few kits in Dawson’s in Liverpool (massive shop, thay have maybe 5 kits set up permanently).
    Tested from a £1k Roland up to a £6K.
    I wouldn’t touch the £1k one, awful, no senstivity in the pads, more like an on/off switch. The £6k one is fantastic though, when I win the lottery, it’s getting bought.
    So I wouldn’t think anything for £300 would be much good.
    I’m not a great drummer, just a hobby. The little boy is way better and he came to the same conclusions.

martinhutch

I have an Alesis DM6 drum kit that my son used (or rather didn’t use)

Snap.

I would say at that price point it’s a reasonable punt to see if someone will show any interest, but any serious interest would require an upgrade either to proper drums or a much more expensive electronic kit.

donks
    Free Member

I’m not sure I really agree with the two comments above. Whilst I would agree that the cheaper electronic kits are far more unresponsive than acoustic you can defiantly get an ok kit for under £1000 especially second hand. They have come a long way from the early days of electronic and for purely practice in a confined space they are ideal. Check out the Roland HD3 or even the HD1 as these seemed far from the on/off output as described above when I had a play. My mate is an incredible drummer and practices on an HD3 in his cellar (£300 second hand) and he rates it.
    To be fair I’m looking to get the Hd1 for space reasons myself.

rewski
    Free Member

My 11 and 7 year old boys bang a great noise out of these Yamaha DTX400K, it’s about £400 and good enough to have drum lessons on. Most shops will chuck in stool, stick and headphones. I recommend buying sme decent rubber tips sticks.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I used to play loads when I was younger, my dad still does. Hes got these for practicing. They are awesome.

jobeky

I realize this is not much help. 🙂

ads678

It’s the space that’s the issue, I have an acoustic kit that i just can’t set up at the moment.

That Yamaha set is the other one I am looking at, can get it for £320 at the moment.

It’ll only be for messing about on and maybe getting the kids into it if they want. I’m not looking for professional quality.

cheers for the info though peeps.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had an Alesis DM6Pro. hated it. especially the kick pad. no response from the heads, like playing rubber bricks. and every stroke on the kick pedal goes right through the floor

my acoustic (only) kit lives permanently set up in band A’s rehearsal room 30 minutes drive away. snare drum & cymbals come home with me after each band practice.
    like this, but not this colour:

band B practice in a different rehearsal room 10 minutes away and I usually use one of the house kits plus my snare & cymbals.

I’m not a great drummer, technically, but I enjoy it & the bands I’ve been in over the last 30+ years seem to put up with me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Electronic/digital drum kits £300 or less???’ is closed to new replies.