Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • electric shower problem
  • SaxonRider

My electric shower was heating up just fine until I did some renovations on the bathroom recently. It was turned off for about a month before being set up to work again last week. Now it doesn’t heat up very hot at all. It used to be that ‘7’ would give a hot shower; now turning it up to ‘8’ or ‘9’ gives what I can only describe as ‘memories of warm’.

Do these little boxes just give up after a number of years? Or is it possible I have to reset something? Any ideas?

andydicko
    Free Member

The weather is colder, hence the water entering the heater element in the shower is colder, the actual settings on a electric shower i.e. 1,2,3 etc…. are only an indication of how long the water is heated, so yes you’ll need to turn it higher to give the same water temperature when the water is cooler!!

If you get my drift!!!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

It was turned off for about a month before being set up to work again last week

was it just disconnected from the mains electricity and reconnected, or was it disconnected from elec & water, moved and reconnected?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Has the water pressure been turned up more since the rennovations?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

does it have a two stage setting as well as the dial? some do

SaxonRider

was it disconnected from elec & water, moved and reconnected?

This. But I did get my father to do the reconnection, so someone more competent than me was on the job.

nealglover
    Free Member

What make and model of shower is it ?

What renovations were done and how did the pipe runs change ?

Has the electrical supply been changed ?

RustyMac

What he said^^(andydicko )^^ It is a little annoying that as a conciquence of the mains water getting colder my shower take more to heat up the water to hot so also drops the power of the shower down too. This doesn’t seem to be an issue on my girlfriends more expensive mira shower but could be the problem you are having.

Otherwise it is time to RTFM and see if there re is any way to re-set the temperature on the shower IIRC this was one of the options the plumber asked us about when installing the new shower at my girlfriends flat.

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

If it is a two-stage shower then IIRC these use two heating elements to heat up the water (both elements for the ‘hot’ setting and just one for the ‘warm’ setting). It may be that one of your elements has died.

SaxonRider

It’s an Aquatronic 7500. I don’t know its age, because it was in when I moved into the house, but was working wonderfully untils the renos.

Neither the electrical supply nor the pipe runs changed, although the plumbing to the bath below was reconfigured.

nealglover
    Free Member

If you are handy with a multimeter you can check the heater elements for continuity
    (open circuit = dead heating element)

Also check that the flow control is functioning (does the flow get slower when the heater knob is turned to hotter settings?)

Stoner
    Free Member

Theres a manual with throuble shooting guide here (if its a similar model anyway)
    http://www.wickes.co.uk/aquatronic-1+-75kw-electric-shower/invt/160504/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘electric shower problem’ is closed to new replies.