Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Electric mtb for the other half?
  • dallas95
    Free Member

Has anyone bought a e-mtb for their other half to ride with them? My missus rides a bike but she is slow and when we ride together the climbs take forever. She has suggested getting an ebike so she can keep up easily and ride further too. If anyone has tried this with their “slower” riding partner and has any feedback I would be grateful.

CHB

Not tried with my partner, but I have a Kalkhof electric hybrid and it is EPIC! Perfect for commuting and nipping to the shops.
    If I wanted an electric MTB I would get a Focus one from 50cycles.com as they use the best drive system on the market and the quality of the bikes are great.

stuarthatfield
    Free Member

Why don’t you hire one and give it ago ,a few places are hiring them .

dallas95
    Free Member

Good idea @stuarthatfield. That is the perfect option to get to try it out. I will do a search for rentals.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Get her a BadAss chip tuning Mod as well, then she can spank your arse on the hills and hold all the gates open for you. I’ve just bought one for my Mum’s partner and he says it works a treat, he has a KTM hybrid bike thing with a Bosch.

nickjb
    Free Member

It works really well. Mrs had a cold recently while we were on holiday. Option was riding alone or ebike hire. If anything it was too powerful. She was easily faster on the climbs. In fact she could comfortably push me faster than I could pedal. I had a little go and despite being cheating it was actually great fun. Made the climbs quite similar to gentle downhill. We both really enjoyed it.

Probably would be better with the power a couple of clicks down from max to actually get some exercise and for all day battery. A bit compromised on the downs but more due to the hardtail and basic forks than the weight.

lerk
    Free Member

Why not just adjust your brakes/wheel bearings or carry more weight to make a ride that is suitable for her more challenging for you?
    That way, she’ll get better rather than worse over time…

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Try a t*nd*m

grannyjone
    Free Member

E-bike sound great only problem is they are expensive I think £3000+ for a decent E-Mountain bike with full suspension?

Certainly would be a good way of increasing average speeds on my solo rides without killing myself. Yes gates would still slow me down but at least steep uphills won’t.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Electric mtb for the other half?’ is closed to new replies.