Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Electric motorbikes @ TT
  • MrSparkle

I find this really interesting. Is it the future?

http://www.ttxgp.com/

snaps
    Free Member

I think there’s a feature on ITV4 tonight about them.

CountZero

I think there’s probably a bigger future for proper electric performance motorcycles than cars. Better power-to-weight ratio, for example, and for commuting range isn’t so much of an issue, either. An electric SuperMotard would suit me just fine for local riding.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Bike magazine had an article either this month or last month – if this interesting to you (it is to me) it’s worth checking out.
    Agree the count though, cars are carrying too much weight around to get the kind of performance and distance most people want. Bikes can probably do both.

z1ppy

reckon there going to cause us mtb-er major issues with trail access when the electric trail-bike becomes a reality (I know they already have some created). As thry should be ‘silent’ they won’t be detected like normal bikes, so they’ll get away with tracks we use (assuming there’s no fence to cross)…

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Going slightly off topic,the ITV4 TT coverage has been superb.Knowledgeable commentators,excellent camera work and ofcourse breath taking riding.

MrSparkle

Hasn’t it? I have particularly enjoyed the ‘slo-mo’ shots showing how tyres and suspension behave in bends @ 140mph. Stunning.

snaps
    Free Member

Yes, smoke off the the fairings as the 600cc bikes bottomed out last night was spectacluar & dodging rabbits on the road at over 140mph! – 9pm tonight 200mph+ superbikes!

gusamc
    Free Member

Seem good to me.

A new green ‘moped’ concept might work for shorter jouneys. Also parking etc much less of a problem.

When I worked in France lots more commuters – big scooters very popular, with bras in winter so legs, shoes covered.

I think there will have to be a big education/learning for current generations as the lack of noise is deffo going to factor. I’d sat we’re programmed/learned listening as a driving skills – might be a bit weird at first. It may also mess up speed perception as lots of people equqte speed with noise (however doitto looks as well ).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Electric motorbikes @ TT’ is closed to new replies.