Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Elbow Pads – big fit
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone recommend a set, softish shell, decent protection, don’t cover the entire arm.?

POC VPDs and Troy Lee 5450s just slightly too small. G-Forms not working – can get a size that fits, but thy cover my entire arm. Tried RaceFace Ambush in XL, both just slightly too small, XXL Ambush out of stock with the distributor

Wondering about Fox Launch sizing, or the Bluegrass or Leatt pads – anyone tried those, and one of the above to compare?

stevomcd
    Free Member

For elbow pads, I would always buy them “just slightly too small” as they inevitably slacken off quickly and end up as wrist guards. Never had a new set of elbow pads that didn’t feel a little tight to start with, always end-up having to shorten the straps.

honourablegeorge

Yeah – problem is, both the ones I’ve tried have been snug, but both have given me arm pump as a result. Need something that’s less snug on the forearm at least.

tor5
    Free Member

661 Evos

stevomcd
    Free Member

Know what you’re saying. Too tight = arm pump, too loose = wrist warmers.

For this reason, I (Alpine guide!) don’t bother elbow guards very often.

Current POC ones are good if I get the straps just right. Best ones I’ve had previously would probably be the D30 661 pads.

honourablegeorge

Two votes for the Evos, then – how do they size up versus other brands?

Have tried comparing size guides, but they all measure different parts of the arm, so it becomes a bit of a guessing game.

mcnultycop

I couldn’t get elbow pads to stay in place, so wear a 661 sub gear top if I need elbow pads (and it isn’t too warm a day!). Does the trick for me, plus free light shoulder protection.

marky29er
    Free Member

I read somewhere that a bottle of coke (other soft drinks can be used) in each one left over the weekend will stretch the elastic a bit so they fit better.

honourablegeorge

Maybe a minor PSA here, but Merlin have the 661 Evo elbows £15 cheaper than CRC, and the Knees are cheap also

Suggsey
    Free Member

Leatt 3D pads for big forearms and guns, realy comfortable in XXL, just a shame the knee versions were too small for my calves!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Elbow Pads – big fit’ is closed to new replies.