Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Elbow Pads
  • hainman
    Free Member

whats everyones choice of pads??i use endure ones but no matter how tight i do up the straps they ALAWYS come loose,I use them every ride,due to having Osteoporosis i use my body armour very ride,
    Ive tried the TLD 5550 ones which have good elbow/forearm coverage but not sure how well they stay put with only the rubber grippers.Also looked at Raceface D30 one,again not sure if they would slide down on more rocky/rooty trails,

Cheers

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have some hardshell ones with forearm protection too for riding in the Alps. They don’t slip for obvious reasons

jamj1974

POC VPD 2.0. Work really well, don’t slip if worn next to skin.

legend
    Free Member

don’t slip if worn next to skin.

key point there, they always work better against the skin. POCs are good indeed (if a bit restrictive, but most elbow pads are)

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have the TLD ones, they are ok if your arms are pumped up but otherwise they slip down.

I was please with the comfort initially but as time has passed 12-14 months they slip down on the first sections of trails at BPW for instance and the last thing you want is to stop to pull them up when you are getting your flow on.

I have since bought some Raceface ones with velcro straps which I can then adjust and they are spot on.

Kahurangi

661 Rage elbow pads, mine have never slipped. Comfy and can wear them all day. Never have to do the straps up tight – they’re a little snug but stretch on and are not restrictive.

Got the Mrs some similar Fox ones, also good.

Key things that work for us: elbow only, good shape, hard outer, elastic and grippy above and below. If you want for arm coverage you’re going to sacrifice some of the retention coming from the shaping at the bottom.

All IMHO/IME.

I’ve just ordered some YT Shitbumpers. Will let you know how I get on

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Elbow Pads’ is closed to new replies.