Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Elbow – New album
  • djglover
    Free Member

Poncey middleclass dinner party music?

Or am I missing somethin?

Raindog
    Free Member

It’s a grower. If you choose to play it at your poncey middle class dinner parties that’s up to you.

allthepies
    Free Member

Not grown too much on me so I’m out….

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

They always were surely?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I really liked the last one. Deeply disappointed by this one. The music just isn’t that good.

cynic-al
    Free Member

their averageness is exceeded only by how much they are overrated.

pish.

highclimber
    Free Member

They are Hardly Poncy or middle class. They’re from Bury!

Asleep in the back was nowhere near as good as Seldom seen kid but I am looking forward to hearing their new album.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I flipping love it.

I saw them last week, and that always helps the tracks come across. Quality.

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ll say my bit – and agree how can a band from Bury be classed as “middleclass”???? Take the time to listen to the words and understand what they mean. Their songwriting is brilliant and they say things most people go “hey that’s right” but have no idea how to say it. Seldom Seen Kid was THE album of 2008 and I was so looking forward to Build A Rocket Boys and must admit when I first heard it I thought “Oh”
    But it’s honestly honestly just got better and better and I love it. I did at first think it had about 3 stand-out tracks but no way, not anymore, it’s getting up to SSK standards with Open Arms, Lippy Kids, With Love, Neat Little Rows, The Night Will Always Win and Dear Friends – it’s a brilliant album.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Elbow – New album’ is closed to new replies.