Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Elbow dislocation?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Did mine yesterday,arm was blowing in the wind

jayro
    Free Member

broke the radial heads on both arms on friday, not the best

cynic-al
    Free Member

broke mine as a kid.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Did mine last November. Still not properly recovered. Can only get full extension with assistance and still feels very loose. Swelled up nicely and pretty much my whole arm was bruised.

Simon

Did mine back in ’06. Mine wasn’t flapping around though! Didn’t break any bones but tore ligaments etc.
    Arm in a cast for 3 weeks, then physio to get my elbow moving again.
    Was 18mths/2yr before my arm was back to full strength.

crazybaboon

Dislocated my left elbow in the slowest ever crash, didn’t even go over the bars, just up then down in a heap trying to avoid a fallen rider.
    Really keep at the Physio, try and see one as soon as possible as the doctors will want it immobile for a long time, the physio view will be very different!
    I was told I won’t get any near full extension, but after a lot of pain and hard work I’m only missing the last couple of degrees, not bad considering I only had 35 degrees of movement at my first Physio appointment!
    You really need to work on it yourself, don’t just leave it to the Physio
    My lower arm was under neath and behind my upper arm, when I stood up it was just dangling and it really freaked me out!
    Was reduced under general anaesthetic, luckily didn’t fracture anything

Blower
    Free Member

when I stood up it was just dangling and it really freaked me out!
    Was reduced under general anaesthetic, luckily didn’t fracture anything

Same ere with mine 😯

hora
    Free Member

94 highsided off my bike. Waited a week for the swelling to go down before they sorted it

A week of booze and student nightclubs baby 8)

Simon

Mine didn’t dangle it was rigid, bent 90° the wrong way 😯 So I pulled my arm back to where it should have been. It was still dis-located though 🙁 So I was carted off in an ambulance.
    At the hospital they gave me plenty of morphine, then two nurses held my shoulder whilst a doctor re-located my elbow. Took 2 attempts.

lungman

Dislocatated mine 14 years ago and shattered my forearm plated all ok now. If I remember it took 6 months to recover. Really stick with the physio. Now in plaster for a broken elbow 3 weeks to go 🙁

Markie
    Free Member

Blower, jayro… Sympathies! Ouch!

Blower
    Free Member

Jayro?

MrTall
    Free Member

Did mine 6/7 years ago (and broke collarbone at the same time). Crashed, looked down and my elbow was sticking up through my forearm (didn’t break the skin though).

Intensely painful and barely felt my shoulder as a result. Was popped out for a few hours and had to be very physically wedged back in under full anaesthetic so i was told.

Took several months to get full extension again and you really have to stick with it, i found extending it in a warm bath was best.

Still get the occasional click from it doing weights in the gym but other than that no lasting problems.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Elbow dislocation?’ is closed to new replies.