Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Elbow and knee pads for a four year old?
  • mogsuncle
    Free Member

Has anyone got any recommendations for elbow and knee pads for kids around four years old? Ideally a bit girly and useable when riding?

Cheers!

hora
    Free Member

Strider. My 2yr olds just worn his at the national BMX track!

igm

My elbow /forearm pads fitted as knee shin pads for himself around that age. 661 they were.

mogsuncle
    Free Member

Great. Thanks guys.

JoeG
    Free Member

I know that I’ve seen sets of knee and elbow pads for kids a Walmart, Target, etc. They might be with the scooters and scateboards more than the bikes, though.

If you’re after a brand, check out the ProTec ones.

matt_outandabout

I have some pads you are welcome to for free either yellow n blue or black only. They were given to us and our kids have used them until now – drop me an email.

packer
    Free Member

I have tried quite a few different elbow pads for my 4 year old son and the best ones by far are the Fox PeeWee ones (supposed to be for motocross I think).

MadBillMcMad

Might be daft to point out but don’t forget some gloves as well

jonathan
    Free Member

My eldest has been using EVS Option Minis since he was about 4 (still using them at 7, and I just bought his cousins sets for their Xmas pressies). They’re a bit more “knee and shin” than just knee, but they’re not too bulky and the stay in place well when they need to. Been comfy for long rides too.

Using Lizard Skin Soft elbow pads on his arms – really good fit range with long velcro straps you can trim down, and enough protection without being restrictive.

Plus 661 gloves FTW 🙂

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

One of mine (now 5) has the evs minis that work well, though they can look a bit cumbersome they seem to work great. The eldest has some 661’s that I found cheap somewhere they’re a bit too large to be honest but he seems to cope ok, he likes the soft feel of them and the back of his knees are a bit dodgy so I’m just happy he’s in them.

I’ve got some giro remedy kids gloves on fleabay that might do a job if you haven’t got them sorted already.

Pridds

Mate got a set of the g form ones for his 3 year old son and really rates them. Got the 2xs ones and they fit well
    http://www.g-formuk.com/products/knee-elbow-pads-set.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Elbow and knee pads for a four year old?’ is closed to new replies.