Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • El Mariachi-ists, what bars and stem are you using?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m going to build up an El Mariachi with a rigid Swift fork. I intend to use it for a big bike packing trip. I’m new to 29erism, what would be a suitable bar and stem combination?

scotroutes

I use an FSA SLK flat, slightly swept bar and an old Easton stem that was iny spares box. I’ve thought about trying the Jones Loop bars. took them off the fatbike to do so, bit haven’t got around to it yet.

Only issue to date is that flat bars don’t play too well with handlebar harness/rollback systems as the levers/cables get a bit in the way.

gee
    Free Member

I run a 100mm stem and 700mm 11deg bar.

GB

mcmoonter
    Free Member

So a riser bar would be preferable? I have a stem and a pair of old race face dues bars. Should bar width be a concern?

takisawa2

Generally a shorter stem & wide flat bar.
    But, I prefer a low rise non O/S bar as they flex a bit for when I’m running rigid.

Weren’t you looking at a Niner MCR…

CheesybeanZ

Jones loop bars with a 90mm stem , I did try it with some Ragley Carnegie but like the loops better .

cynic-al
    Free Member

something that makes the dims similar to your regular bike pete.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m running a 90mm Hope stem and a set of USE flat bars cut down to about 680mm.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I missed out on the MCR and found the El Mariachi on here.

nordofjura
    Free Member

70 mm stem with 4 degrees rise; race face turbine bars, 730 mm wide with 20 mm rise. As I changed from rigid to suspension forks I just flipped the stem.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

110mm thompson and easton wide/flat xc bars, think they’re 700mm or thereabouts.

what bits do you need? I bought a ss complete and swapped just about everything so have salsa bars, stem post etc spare.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The bars and stem I have are old school 25.4. I never had any issues with the smaller diameters but feel it limits my options to switch things around. Could you mail me details and if it’s not to much of a hassle, pics of what you have. No real rush at the moment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘El Mariachi-ists, what bars and stem are you using?’ is closed to new replies.