Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • El Clasico- Ooh it's a spicy one! (Footy content)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

MU were awful, Liverpool were good.
    MU lead the table, Liverpool are 18 points behind.
    MU will play CL next year, Liverpool will not.
    It’s just a game, let’s talk about the season

LOLcarpetz. Is that the new song for the Stretford End? I know they’re badly off for tunes at OT, not having many songs, but that doesn’t even rhyme and will be out of date soon enough anyway.

grum
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/06/alex-ferguson-media-blackout-manchester-united

Ferguson and Gill really are pathetic. I’m sure the irony is lost on them of kicking up a fuss about refereeing decisions not going their way. given the favourable treatment they usually get (see the number of penalties awarded at Old Trafford/amount of injury time they get when they are behind etc etc).

If they are going to whinge about people not getting sent off when they should have done, then maybe they should start with Rooney. Carragher’s tackle was reckless and could easily have been a straight red, but it wasn’t malicious, unlike Rooney’s elbow.

rOcKeTdOg

did Liverpool win a game then? (not seen the score)that’s their quota for the season filled

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

did Liverpool win a game then?

They did, yes. How remarkably observant of you. Only 18 points to make up. After all, the season is the most important thing. Come on you Gooners 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

observant? no, guess yes

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not interest in argue any more. Is boring.

LOL that is what everyone says about you – does not like an argument and open minded about football issues involving the Pool

Can we have a transcript please? Dying to read it

“good result for Liverpool but some dirty tackles from both sides Nani is an idiot – shows picture – Oh Nasty”
    This is the short version we discussed the cricket more.

I’m sure the irony is lost on them of kicking up a fuss about refereeing decisions not going their way.

Sadly this irony is lost on many football fans. It is poor to see. Fergie probably is amongst the worst for this though – the rooney one being the most obvious of late – clearly a straight red and few game ban

grum
    Free Member

Sadly this irony is lost on many football fans. It is poor to see. Fergie probably is amongst the worst for this though – the rooney one being the most obvious of late – clearly a straight red and few game ban

Oi don’t start with all this ‘being reasonable’ 🙄 Has no place in a football thread imo. 😛

I would say that generally the bigger clubs get more favourable treatment from refs – Man U being the biggest team of the Premier League era get the most favourable treatment.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Man U being the biggest team of the Premier League era

GOOD POINT 😉

binners

Stand back, stand back. I is here innit?

Morning Fred. Lovely day yesterday, so I went out out on the bike instead of sulking. Not even being beat by the scousers could ruin my day. So there! 😛

I had a distinct impression that that was going to happen yesterday. As you’ve no chance of winning owt this season, then yesterday was your cup final. A chance to screw up our chances of winning that symbolic 19th title.

We were awful though. We didn’t turn up. Totally outplayed from start to finish! There… I’ve said it.

Carra should have been off. Simple as that. If that wasn’t a straight red, then i don’t know what is. Just really really nasty. He could have easily broken his leg. But in reality Fergie has forfitted his right to moan about refereeing after defending Rooneys elbow the other week. Another nasty little straight red!

Oh well… at least Arsenal didn’t win

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And only a blind man would say that Liverpool don’t get favourable treatment at Anfield.

grum
    Free Member

GOOD POINT

Or is it that they are the biggest team of the Premier League era because of their favourable treatment from referees? 😉

And only a blind man would say that Liverpool don’t get favourable treatment at Anfield.

Yup but I didn’t say that. They do, but nowhere near as much as Man U at Old Trafford.

binners

Arsene Wenger coined the phrase, after last years 6 minutes of added time at the derby, very “Old Trafford-ish” 😀

Its equally as bad at Anfield though IMHO

spacemonkey

We didn’t turn up. Totally outplayed from start to finish!

In recent years that’s been our problem in a lot of away games against the teams around us, with maybe the exception of Arsenal. We’ve crumbled at Anfield and the Bridge in particular. Can’t understand why they’re just not up for it, especially against the scousers.

grum
    Free Member

Its equally as bad at Anfield though IMHO

Except it’s not. Quiz question – how many penalties awarded to away teams at Old Trafford since the start of the Premier League? How many to United in the same period? Compare this to Anfield.

See also the stats on how Man U get massively more injury time when they are losing or drawing.

And then of course there’s Howard Webb.

binners

I know Grum. Its a pity we had to drop Howard Webb for yesterdays game. We could have done with him 😉

Andituk
    Free Member

Except it’s not. Quiz question – how many penalties awarded to away teams at Old Trafford since the start of the Premier League? How many to United in the same period?

Not really a great statistic to use, of course Utd are going to get more penalties at home, they’re the team that will, in most games, be putting more pressure on the opposition defence in the penalty area. Inevitably that’s going to draw fouls in the box and penalties.

This week alone united have had 4 bad decisions against them in crucial games in a tight race for the league, and yet the same old cliched “United get all the decisions” comments get wheeled out again.

And that takes the attention away from the real matter, which is the number of poor decisions made by officials week in week out for all teams.

grum
    Free Member

they’re the team that will, in most games, be putting more pressure on the opposition defence in the penalty area.

You mean during the extra injury time they get awarded when they need a goal?

This week alone united have had 4 bad decisions against them in crucial games in a tight race for the league, and yet the same old cliched “United get all the decisions” comments get wheeled out again.

Like the decision not to send off/ban Rooney you mean? United don’t get ‘all the decisions’ but statistically over the years they have been shown to receive preferential treatment. It’s a cliche because it’s true. Like I said, Liverpool get it to a lesser extent as do all the bigger teams.

Man U’s latest hissy fit is part of their systematic attempt to bully the FA/officials into doing what they want, and an arrogant belief that they deserve it.

trailmonkey

El Clasico

?????????????????

Oh dear. Anyone who thinks that this fixture is in the same league as El Clasico is either seriously deluded or has no idea what Barcelona v Madrid is all about.

EDIT. I guess there is a vague connection in so far as the vast majority of fans of all the clubs concerned in the comparison never actually go to see their teams play

Junkyard
    Free Member

You mean during the extra injury time they get awarded when they need a goal?

top goading sir Chapeau

lets see your stats then
    I have Man u at 3 penalties this season and the average being 4 per team
    http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/statistics/

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘El Clasico- Ooh it's a spicy one! (Footy content)’ is closed to new replies.