Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • eh? Petrol car? PLG? What is the right answer?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

I am not a number! I don’t live in Portmeirion!

I do have a 2008 small car that needs to be having a new £25 ownership document, but is it \ PLG or Petrol Car?

Whats the difference?

Did I mention, I HATE FORMS 👿

passtherizla
    Free Member

PLG or LPG?

AndyRT
    Free Member

Private Light Goods, not risky-not-as-cheap-as-you-thought-gas.

I’m not that far gone

Mike_D
    Free Member

PLG = van, so not that 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Check here – do a ‘Vehicle Enquiry’

But don’t mention that a gov site calls it road tax – they don’t like you calling it that round these parts

😀

AndyRT
    Free Member

Uplink,

That was a useful link (no pun intended there..) but it doesn’t give me the answer, just how much I will need to pay for next years tax based upon the fact I now own yet another horseless carriage that dares to exist within the confines of the British Isles.

So the question still stands….

Mike_D
    Free Member

All other Vehicle Enquiries:
    Phone Phone: 0870 240 0010

🙂

Cougar

PLG = van, so not that

IIRC it’s “Private / Light Goods”, ie cars or vans, not “Private Light Goods.”

It’s also not been a tax code for years; the “petrol car” superseded it. I’m surprised it’s still on the form.

AndyRT
    Free Member

In that case I have just written Petrol Car.

Ta

Cougar

Here we go.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_183952.pdf

CLASS TYPE OF VEHICLE AND/OR USE
    Private/Light Goods (PLG) Vehicles registered before the 1.3.01: Private motor cars; goods vehicles not more than 3,500kg revenue weight; vehicles used for “private” (non-trade or business) purposes (including 3 wheeled vehicles over 450kg unladen). Vehicles registered after 1.3.01: vehicles that do not come into the scope of the first six tax classes, listed below.

Petrol Car Effective from 1.3.01. Passenger vehicle in the M1* category weighing not more than 3,500kg revenue weight. Tax rates based on individual vehicle’s CO2 value. Propulsion must be petrol.

*M1 – as defined in EC Directive 70/156 “vehicles used for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat”. CO2 emission is ascertained as part of the Type Approval process, and is recorded on individual vehicle’s Certificate of Conformity.

So for a 2008 motor, “Petrol Car” is what you want. Seems PLG is still around, just that it’s now a catch-all for vehicles that fall outside of the more specific definitions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘eh? Petrol car? PLG? What is the right answer?’ is closed to new replies.