Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • EGR valve Vauxhall combo
  • rooney
    Free Member

Had my van 2 months 58 plate runs great only issue is the engine management light comes on due to EGR valve. It’s still under warranty and garage have no replaced twice ! Still coming on …. ! The garage are annoyed as am I
    They are saying the might just give me money back …. But I doubt I’d find a van as good n cheap and iv already lined and carpet rear!

Any tips on fixing ? Or just take money n find another ….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its not very good or cheap if it doesnt work…..

But unhelpful comments asside.

Although the codes are saying egr, its obviously not the egr if they have replaced it twice…..have they actually been replacing it or just cleaning it, or worse still using an egr cleaner ?

Just because the codes saying its x doesnt mean it isnt y or z.

simonbowns
    Free Member

There’s a vauxhall owners club forum that I’ve found very useful in the past. One mo…

simonbowns
    Free Member
    rooney
    Free Member

Cheers

And my problem is it is driving fine so working…….I’ll give them another chance to sort

trail_rat
    Free Member

Which makes me think even less its actually a failing egr.

Id probably look at the maf sensor as my first port of call, check its output with multi meter against the manufacturers specs

benji
    Free Member

Worth checking the map sensor, as it is the measurements of pressure change that the ECU uses to establish whether the egr is functioning. Seen it on several vauxhalls and Saab’s, where ECU said egr, but on inspection the map sensor was gummed up and not working as it should.

fin25
    Free Member

Does it chug a bit on idle but otherwise run fine? Had a similar EGR problem after replacing a duff one. Turned out to need a new code putting in the ECU to get it to recognise the new EGR valve. I’d assume the garage have done this when replacing the valve, but you never know…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

The engine management light came on in my van (fiat Doblo 1.9jtd) it turned out to be the particulate filter, I gave it a bit of a run at higher revs than usual and it sorted itself out.
    Can you blank off the egr on those engines?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had a 1.9cdti with similar issues, but never got to the bottom of them. It may be worth checking the swirl flaps, tho its a big job to fix them.

rooney
    Free Member

Cheers folks

rooney
    Free Member

Back in this week to look at new engine software ? Think yo match the egr , fingers crossed

mc
    Free Member

EGR on a 1.3 combo is usually pretty reliable. Early ones did have issues with sticking until a software update that implemented a self cleaning routine, but a 58 plate would of had that software from the factory.
    No need to code anything when fitting a new valve on these, as it’s a pretty basic valve.

Given it’s still driving OK, makes me question what fault code is actually being stored. MAP or MAF faults on these trigger limp home mode, so I’d doubt there’s any issue there.
    If it is an EGR fault code, is it an excess/insufficient gas flow, or an electrical fault?
    Sounds to me like the garage are just seeing EGR and changing it without actually diagnosing the problem.

rooney
    Free Member

Well new software in on Friday and the lights still off 😀
    They downloaded sent to Vauxhall who updated ? I’ve no idea but it seems to have worked

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘EGR valve Vauxhall combo’ is closed to new replies.