Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Eggs chips and beans………………healthy?
  • ton

chips= 1 baking potato, wedged and roasted in oven, with skin on.
    eggs= 2 poached
    beans= heinz

healthy or not?

flip
    Free Member

Indeed.

Tis food of the gods Ton 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Who cares!! I’d have it!

Stuey01
    Free Member

Could be a lot worse but I wouldn’t go as far as to call it healthy. I’d call it neutral.

ton

stuey, why not healthy?

warton
    Free Member

Lots of sugar in the beans. Potatoes aren’t the best, however cooked IMO. I like eggs, good outweighs the bad for them, again IMO.

PJay
    Free Member

It’s the kind of stuff they feed soldiers in training and people working on oil rigs, in abundance (and you want to see the type of stuff they eat on artic expeditions). Food is only one part of the ‘healthy’ equation, activity is pretty key too.

It may no longer hold true, but I’m pretty sure that I was once told that a calorie burnt is a calorie burnt – and it didn’t really matter where it came from.

nonk
    Free Member

depends ton…
    quality of oil for the chips is important, shite oil can have loads of detergents in it. quantity of oil in the chips will be high but then you may not have had any oil in the last fourteen years so..

beans! minefield mate, who made em you? or hiendaddymorisson corp? if it was the latter you are looking at a fair loads of sugar and salt.

an egg is an egg can be oily as fek if you make a hash of it but other than that its an egg. they make me fart.

ta.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d say not bad going. If you had some vegetables with it aswell then it would be better.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It may no longer hold true, but I’m pretty sure that I was once told that a calorie burnt is a calorie burnt – and it didn’t really matter where it came from.

I don’t think any food is bad. It’s having a limited diet that’s bad for you. Aslong as you have a varied diet, well I don’t think it should matter too much. I’m no expert mind.

bellerophon
    Free Member

If you had some vegetables with it aswell then it would be better

I’d count the potatoes and beans and vegetables 🙂

joat

Add a couple of sausages to remove any doubt, then enjoy!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Add a couple of sausages to remove any doubt, then enjoy!

bacon, tatie scone, black pudding, fried dumpling, infact ditch the chips! 😀

warton
    Free Member

I’d count the potatoes and beans and vegetables

I wouldn’t! Beans are pulses and potatoes don’t count towards your five a day…

PJay
    Free Member

Like seosamh77 says, variety is good. Egg chips and beans isn’t great on the micronutrient front (vitamins & minerals etc.) so if you lived off that day-in and day-out it wouldn’t be at all healthy. As part of a varied diet I can’t see it being a problem (unless perhaps you have some sort of underlying medical condition like high chloresterol or something).

bigyinn
    Free Member

‘Tis missing a portion of pig!

nonk
    Free Member

open tin o sweetcorn lad.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Beans are pulses and potatoes don’t count towards your five a day…

Pulses and beans
    Three heaped tablespoons of baked beans, haricot beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans, butter beans or chickpeas. However much you eat, beans and pulses count as a maximum of one portion a day.

NHS 5 a day website
    i thought baked beans did not count tbh but checked I knew pulses did

Ton probably ok as treat but not if you eat it for every tea

nonk
    Free Member

dont listen to what the NHS tell you ffs!! 😯

CaptJon
    Free Member

warton – Member
    I’d count the potatoes and beans and vegetables
    I wouldn’t! Beans are pulses and potatoes don’t count towards your five a day

So? Are they part of Japan’s 17 a day, or France’s 10?

barrykellett
    Free Member

potatoe haterz

cakefacesmallblock

Ham, eggs, chips and beans for tea for us tonight. Really looking forward to it. I’ve made it to 51, been 74 kgs and 32″ waist for about 20 years now ( managed to get closer to 30″ when training hard in spring and summer for MM). All the stuff I do these days, Mtb, hillwalking and a little surfing, is mostly for fun. I have always eaten a very balanced diet, enjoy a few beers and even the odd smoke still.
    Have often wondered how fit / healthy I’d be if I trained hard, ate like an athlete and never indulged. But, then I wonder just how miserable I might be too !
    Oh yeah … don’t see a problem with most methods of cooking potato, but always cook with the “healthiest” forms of oil we can.

metalheart
    Free Member

Caught a part of a radio programme the other week where it was stated that all calories are not equal.

Fat requires a tri-glyceral (sp) to form in the cells and so needs sugar. So carbs are bad for this… Or something.

It was ripping the piss out of the calorie system and the in <= work done thing losing weight as being waaaaaay too simplistic and therefore obviously false.

Unfortunately I didn’t hear it all or catch the conclusion.

But what I did was very interesting… 😀

ton

no oil used in dry roasting the spuds.

it was very nice by the way…….. 8)

carbon337
    Free Member

That’s what us Geordies call a ket tea. My normal ket tea will also include sausages.

Duggan

potatoe haterz

‘taters haterz

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont listen to what the NHS tell you ffs!!

ok i shall celebrate with a cigarette cheers

nonk
    Free Member

ok i shall celebrate with a cigarette cheers

that might be one of your five a day, i am sure it’s on the food triangle anyway.

well done ton maximum detergent avoidance fella.

soobalias
    Free Member

laterz taterz haterz

Pieface

Not bad but no fresh veg.

grtdkad

Pizza is now formally a vegetable in school diets in the US ffs so I reckon you’re doing pretty well there Ton!

LabMonkey
    Free Member

I am having a PIE, chips, eggs and beans for tea thanks to this tread!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Eggs chips and beans………………healthy?’ is closed to new replies.