Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Eggbeaters – who had the trick/fix for re-tightening the springs?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I vaguely remembering somebody did a DIY spring tension fix ages ago… anybody have the technique? foot lifting out on my commutter this morning and i know it’ll just get worse.

and no, it isnt the cleats.

and yes, I like them and havent had any problems with them.

and no, I am not buying spd’s.

;o)

taxi25
    Free Member

Mine are loose aswell, so love an answer to this.

argyle
    Free Member

just get a spring swap done. avoid coloured springs.

ojom
    Free Member

Argyle has it.

Also, CB are launching a zero degree float cleat. I predict these will be in store in about 8 – 12 weeks time.

This may please you.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

argyle – spring swap? send back to 2pure?

I think somebody had a home made tensioner to pull them back in a bit?

It was me. I made a little tool to twist the spring back in to shape. I’ll see if I can find the pictures or the thread when I get home, if no one else finds it in the mean time

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

thanks midland, thats what I wanted, to see if easy to make myself as i have about 3 pairs on the shelves waiting for this repair.

EDIT: long term how have they lasted?

argyle
    Free Member

so graham, does modifying your springs have anything to do with exploding pedals?

This was it.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/repairing-egg-beaters-resetting-the-spring

Modifying or resetting the springs has got nothing to do with pedal failure.
    I’ve snapped three egg beater spindles, not just the usual bearing failure that everyone gets, but actually snapping them in half.

I don’t know about the long term results of resetting the springs. I’ve given up on Crank Brothers and gone for cheap Shimano pedals now so I can just treat them as a consumable. When the bearings fail, I’ll replace the whole thing.

brakes
    Free Member

Also, CB are launching a zero degree float cleat

ooooh interesting. I need some new cleats.
    but isn’t the beauty of CB, the float they give you?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eggbeaters – who had the trick/fix for re-tightening the springs?’ is closed to new replies.