Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Effect of tyre pressure and rim width on geo
  • ichabod
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone had tried to measure or calculate this to see if tyre pressure and rim width affect the bike geo in a meaningful way.

I imagine a wider rim will flatten the tyre out so the rim will be closer to the ground as will lower pressure. If you run a wide rim low pressure tyre on the front and a narrower higher pressure on the back would it be changing the BB height and head angle by much?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone had tried to measure or calculate this to see if tyre pressure and rim width affect the bike geo in a meaningful way.

Go ahead, have a go but the answer will be no unless your running one flat..

oikeith

When I switched from running 20% SAG to 35% on my rear shock I had to increase my tyre pressure as more weight was on the back and I was dinging my rim more.

For your question, I dont think rim width will impact geo, tyre pressure maybe, but no more then if you were to run a skinny tyre on the back and a chunky tyre on the front like a 2000’s BMXer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Effect of tyre pressure and rim width on geo’ is closed to new replies.