Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Educate me, what are the local yoof doing here….
  • bruneep

Found this at the local underpass, I suspect its drug related but I could be way off the mark.

The large bottle with top off filled with water, smaller bottle has bottom cut off, placed into bigger bottle small bottle has foil at neck.

I’m thinking a type of bong?

seosamh77
    Free Member

buckets, smoking weed.

weed goes on top, then you burn it and pull the inside bottle up, the vaccum keeps all the smoke in there. lift the top off, then you take it all in one hit. A fairly brutal way to smoke weed, harsh on the lungs.

allthepies
    Free Member

Re-enactment of a volcanic eruption ?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Bucket bong….

Apparently..

somafunk

Yep, Bucket bong, best made with a 3 litre cheap cider plastic bottle – once you’ve drunk the cider obviously 😉

bruneep

Yes it appears so

seosamh77
    Free Member

somafunk – Member
    Yep, Bucket bong, best made with a 3 litre cheap cider plastic bottle – once you’ve drunk the cider obviously

Nah 2 litre plastic bottle for the outer, and a 750ml glass bottle of bru is far better(it’s an art getting the bottom of that nicely! 😆 ), with a socket and a bit of gauze for the lid. The above is an amateurish effort!

Ps looks like they’ve only smoked one or 2 hits of it, you’d notice if it was well used,

tedspecial
    Free Member

Ah, that takes me back. It’s amazing how inventive and resourceful yoot can be given the correct incentive.

Anyone remember the ‘tulip’?

cubist
    Free Member

Tulips were horrible.

I seem to recall ‘borrowing’ quitems a bit from the science Labs and CDT dept. At school to manufacture new andate increasingly more complex versions of buckets,bongs and hubbly bubblys . Like tar stained Heath Robinson contraptions. Invariably reduced the user to a near deadly coughing fit.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Bucket!!! **** you up very quickly! Has to be done once though! Should tidy up afterwards though.

somafunk

Nah 2 litre plastic bottle for the outer, and a 750ml glass bottle of bru is far better(it’s an art getting the bottom of that nicely! )

Up here in Kirkcudbright you’d be thrown out of a party for turning up with such a beginner/starter bucket system 😉

We used actual buckets filled with ice and a 3 litre cider bottle with a foil gauze that was an art form in itself, the trick to a knockout bucket was to realise that you don’t actually want to light the weed/hash as THC/CBD is mostly released when it hits approx 170 degrees (above that temps they simply burn and your left with harsh smoke that hits your throat) so that meant warming the herbs/hash with care so not to actually set alight to them – works best with honey oil/cannabis oil and when you begin to see vapour then start increasing the vacuum whilst still applying heat – generally took three helpers. One to apply constant heat, one to lift the bottle, one to remove the foil (carefully, as there still might be sweet knockout goodness left) and then you dive in and inhale, and fall flat on your back………….and surface quite sometime later to repeat the process.

Haven’t had a bucket since last years beach party…roll on this summer 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Just don’t spill your bucket water over your sleeping bag at Glastonbury

mattyfez

Certainly a bong of some sort.. Be thankful it’s weed and not syringes and smack heads!

seosamh77
    Free Member

somafunk – Member
    Nah 2 litre plastic bottle for the outer, and a 750ml glass bottle of bru is far better(it’s an art getting the bottom of that nicely! )
    Up here in Kirkcudbright you’d be thrown out of a party for turning up with such a beginner/starter bucket system

It’s all in the burn! 😀 can condense a fair old volume in that 750ml, rather than having shit load of air and a brutal smoke in your 3 litre bottles! 😆

somafunk

Pah!….after a night chewing disco biscuits and pink champagne you need something akin to a mental cosh to bring things down a peg or two…..before you start on playing the dice drinking game with Buckfast 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

Must admit not much better to bring you down from a few mitsubishis than a nice bucket at 5am after a night out! 😆 The smoke should be green it’s that thick!

bigjim

Tulips were fun and we also used to make t-bones and tridents using the little bit of the rizla packet with the round hole in it as a frame for two or three spliffs

callmetc
    Free Member

desperate times means desperate measures.

that apparatus works better if your a mutant with 3 hands, that or if you have friends to help, I have no friends.

squirrelking
    Free Member

A now sadly departed friend was quite the MacGuyver type when it came to these things, his greatest achievemnet being a variation in this field known by the simple name of ‘Boa’.

The working part was nothing more than the flexi hose taken from a Dyson upright vaccum cleaner capped at one end with a removable spark plug socket and adaptor fitted to the other. When extended fully it was long. Reeeeeeeaally long. About 5 or so meteres if memory serves correctly. Oh, and whoever was doing the puffing was doing the running.

Also a three man job.

Then there was the bong made from a water cooler bottle and the innards and horn from a CO2 fire extinguisher.

somafunk

I’ve just had a quick browse down memory lane trying to find a picture of our super bucket bong but it appears out of 5 boxes of pics that i brought down from the attic (still 6 further boxes up there) from 1996 through to 2003 (approx 3000 odd pics) there is not one pic of the bong that does not come complete with a corpse (or two) lying next to it so in fairness to the corpses who are now upstanding members of the community i’m not going to post the pics, on the other hand here is an old pic of our freshly cut home grown that we used to fill the buckets with.

Nope, no pics without a corpse lying next the bong in there…however i did find this pic

I think it’s time to rearrange an old fashioned get-together all night beach party 😀

jekkyl

We used to do one we called a waterfall. A pop bottle with the usual tin foil & herb mix on the neck. Cut a small hole in the side at the bottom, fill the bottle with water and as the water seeped away burn your mix and the vapours were drawn into the bottle. Not as harsh as a bottle coz if you wanted a break you just covered both holes and passed it round.

boblo
    Free Member

Aahhh so this is where all the druggies are hiding… Scuttles away rapidly.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@Jekyll waterfalls had a place definitely , but had to be done outside really or standing over the bath , which was handy if you had a whitey

gonzy
    Free Member

aaah brings back memories.
    the waterfall was a pleasant gadget we used at uni. was handy having a sink in the bedrooms.
    we also used a device called the lung…basically half a plastic bottle with a plastic bag taped to the bottom half with a bit of string attached to the bag. as you burnt your product at the top you pulled the string on the bag and the vacuum would suck the fumes into the bottle and then you suck the contents in and the bag would get sucked back into the bottle…it had a very harsh taste and im convinced that the plastic bag contributed to this
    we also used a hubbly bubbly with was a large jar half filled with water. the weed went in the top which had a pipe running through the lid and into the water. the lid would then have a few more flexible pipes feeding off it but these did not touch the water. as you burnt the weed you all sucked on the pipes and the smoke would pass through the water and up through the pipes…effectively being cooled by the water so you got a very pleasant taste

if you were hardcore you just whacked the weed into a pipe

glad that chapter of my life is well and truly over

GrahamS

Ah buckets. Happy days.

What amazes me is that we somehow all knew how to engineer these marvels in the days before such information was readily available on t’internets.

allan23
    Free Member

Parents turning up to student digs and asking why all the butter knives looked like they’d been heated up.

Ah the days of not wanting to waste a bit of herbage but not caring about burn holes in t-shirts.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh ffs, hot knives? Really? Did anyone actually ever try that more than once after they found out they didn’t work?

Hubbly bubbly aka bong.

Just remembered dinks. Oh jesus. Take bong, remove gauze, drill hole above water line. Crisp a fag (heat it with a lighter without burning it) and mix with roughly 50/50 ratio before packing into the prerequisite 11mm 1/4″ socket. Take the whole lot and as soon as the mix pops down the pipe release the shotgun. 0 to lung cancer in a few easy steps. I believe it was an ayrshire thing but have heard tales of similar beasts in other parts. For added jakeyness scrape the residue and resmoke.

The previously mentioned friend once constructed a double chamber bong thanks to copious quantities of fibre optic conduit and fittings being deposited around the town.

mattyfez

I’m told ahem, that a friend of a friend once built a contraption using no less than three demi John’s and some tubing, bungs and sockets, it took (so I’m told) about 2 grams of ‘medium’ to fill the thing… It was known as the ‘tripple barrel demi bong’.

It was only used once or twice for novelty as no one could afford to keep loading it up. So I’m told.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Obviously it’s illegal and border patrol / customs etc are pretty good at stopping it coming in, but bar the home grown does anyone else think they let some through just to keep certain aspects of society quiet?

northernmatt

Blimey that all brings back some memories. Waterfalls were a popular one, as was getting a cardboard poster tube sticking anything between 6 and 12 spliffs in it and passing that around, we christened it a windmill. One of the lads had a glass bong that was a work of art but it was a pig to clean so he ended up binning it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Home grown is 99% of weed these days th polis don’t have a say in how much is here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

does anyone else think they let some through just to keep certain aspects of society quiet?

No I think the war on drugs does not work but they only turn a blind eye if bribed.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Oh ffs, hot knives? Really? Did anyone actually ever try that more than once after they found out they didn’t work?”

Hot knives certainly did work; maybe you just weren’t doing it properly. Crap way of getting stoned though; load of effort even if it did produce a good buzz. I could never really be bothered with all the fuss and paraphernalia involved in such activities. And bucket bongs just made me feel like my lungs were going to collapse. Hubbly bubblies ended up stinking, and no-one could ever be bothered to clean them, so they were just foul.

Space cakes, on the other hand, were well worth the effort. Cheap cupcake mix, on a baking tray, bung in oven, wait 30 minutes or so. Took a while for the effects to kick in, but when they did, boy it was fun. So much more efficient a method of delivering THC to the the system. Just remember not to leave any where your mate’s greedy dog could get to them. 😯 😳

“however i did find this pic”

That’s one impressive bud!

“Just remembered dinks.”

Can’t remember what we called that’ yet another complicated method of getting stoned. I could never quite get it right!

“glad that chapter of my life is well and truly over”

Can’t say I have any particular desire to relive those days, although I have absolutely no regrets. Was with some old mates for my birthday recently, and there were a few spliffs going round. Had 3 puffs and I was out of it! 😆 Nice though.

“Aahhh so this is where all the druggies are hiding… Scuttles away rapidly.”

Yeah careful; we might progress to really hard drugs, like alcohol…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh come on lads, weed is soooo history now.
    NPS is where It’s at.
    Man.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hope they tanned it.

bigjim

I don’t miss whiteys 👿

bigjim

By the way if you want to have a laugh at someone with unbelievable tolerance and selection of equipment and pot I can recommend CustomGrow420 on YouTube, especially his challenge clips. I’d struggle to smoke in weeks what he gets through in 5 minutes, he’s quite a character too

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sadly Essel, NPS may well have been what did my mate in, a pack of benzodiazepine derivative coupled with severe depression. **** that shit, at least you have a fair idea with weed.

mattyfez

This is the bad thing about illegal drugs, I know it’s a ‘taboo’ subject, but the fact it’s ‘taboo’ and illegal is generating a lot of money for criminals and spawning all sorts of dangerous untested ‘legal highs’

Proper ‘oldskool’ recreational drugs are a known quantity and if they were regulated, the social cost would be vastly reduced, and it would destroy the black market gangsterism /organised crime over night, and that would be a real boon for society as a whole.

But the law makers and MPs are scared senseless over it, as to sanction such a thing would be political suicide, and they are making the problem worse in the process.

sobriety
    Free Member

Our standard uni method was ‘speed cans’

As someone said above 0-lung cancer in about 15 seconds

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Educate me, what are the local yoof doing here….’ is closed to new replies.