Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Educate me – wellies
  • DT78
    Free Member

Had a rather soggy walk around the woods today. For the first time I had welly envy.

What’s good out there in the welly world, last I wore a pair I was a kid and they gave me blisters. Need to be comfy for a couple of hours.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And so, it begins again…..

scotroutes

Muck boots

/eot

geoffj

Muck boots

I always associate them with Center Parcs for some reason

sharkbait
    Free Member

Le Chameau [neoprene lined].

crossland
    Free Member

Aigle for me

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Angle +1 neoprene lined

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Aigle not Angle!!!!!

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Wife has Aigles, I have cheapy Dunlops. She walks the dog on crap days, I walk it on nice days in walking boots 😀

tang
    Free Member

Aigle Parcours. All day comfort. On sale at rubbersole and there’s a further 10% off with the code RSSALES1237 which takes them under £60. I’ve just ordered another pair, I’m in them daily.

yosemitepaul

Le Chameau

timber

Dunlop purofort for living in.

jamesfts
    Free Member

After years of getting stick of the misses for my Dunlop £4 specials I finally splashed some cash on a pair of faux Chameaus (Rydale I think).

Plenty of sensible priced neoprene line boots out there without spending mega bucks, cheap wellies are best avoided though!

DT78
    Free Member

Pair of aigles ordered thanks for the psa tang. Topcashback gives another 5%. No more welly envy for me!

DT78
    Free Member

Wife tells me I need special welly socks??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wife tells me I need special welly socks??

You wouldn’t it you’d bought the right boots.

Vierzonords, obviously.

SaxonRider

Dunlop £10 jobs from Sports Direct. 2 years old and, with wool socks, have carried me a fair few miles.

But I imagine others can be had. 🙂

CountZero

Welly socks: http://www.outlandsales.co.uk/product.php/294/dickies_bama_boot_socks
    I’ve got some very similar that I wear in my Muck Boots, because I wear ordinary M&S cotton socks, and they help stop rubbing when I walk any distance. If you wear thicker boot socks, then the booties probably won’t be necessary.

CraigW
    Free Member

I have just ordered a pair of Grubs Boots Snowline. They have neoprene and fleece liners, rated to -40C, plus Vibram soles. Should be fine for winter walking and working.

CHB

pair of aigle parcour 2 wellies ordered….needed some and was thinking of chamoux, but trust STW suggestions (especially when cheaper!).

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_fBOxdrVdU[/video]

chrisdw
    Free Member

I have the grubs snowline boots.
    Absolutely awesome. Vibram soles. And so so warm. I got them quite big so wear 2 pairs of socks in them unless I’m just going down the garden quickly.
    Neoprene tops are soft and flexible. So fine for walking in.

dantsw13

Have you considered Leather Country Boots? My Toggi’s are Goretex lined and totally waterproof. I wear them every day for a 5mile dog walk through mud/rivers/in the sea.

DezB
    Free Member

I imagine others can be had

With nicer logos 😉

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Another vote for the Grubs boots – I have the Frostline 5.0 and they’re superb. Like a lighter, better version of Muck Boots. Currently wearing them a minimum of three hours a day on the yard with the horses; £10 Dunlops from Sports Direct just don’t cut it in that environment, I’d kill them in under a week!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Whatever you do make sure they have velcro fronts, thats a sure mark of quality.

franksinatra

Aigle Parcours. All day comfort. On sale at rubbersole and there’s a further 10% off with the code RSSALES1237 which takes them under £60. I’ve just ordered another pair, I’m in them daily.

That is a bargain. I have a pair, I paid much more than that though. They are brilliant. I don’t get the opposition to expensive wellies. I spend much more time in mine than in walking boots, but no-one thinks there is anything wrong with spending big bucks on those.

My only complaint on the Aigle’s is the lack of a heel knotch thing to help take them off. Easily solved with a boot jack though. Other people have also complained that they encourage your socks to bunch up on the heel but that has never been a problem for me.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

£12 farmers wellies, from a proper farmers suppliers.
    With welly socks are comfy and warm enough to wear all day. The tread on the sole is industrial too, so great for walking in mud.

z1ppy

Just replaced my g/f’s aigle’s, that are less than 2 year old, with some Ariat’s. G/f usually holds onto her old footware until they have really properly died, this time she tried on the Ariat’s said they sole was much more comfortable and dumped the splitting Aigles.
    Just for balance…

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got some Aigles somewhere – not a patch on Le Chameau, but then the Aigles are not neoprene lined.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Rigger boots

Fur lined for warmth in winter and coolness in summer

timmys

Le Chameau [neoprene lined].

^ This or you’re doing it wrong

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I’ve got some Aigles somewhere – not a patch on Le Chameau, but then the Aigles are not neoprene lined.

Wifes Aigles are neoprene lined in racy red !

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Aigles come in both neoprene lined and unlined. They do seen to have a bit of a rep for splitting, but they are made from natural rubber.

Despite this, my wife’s have last 7 years.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Educate me – wellies’ is closed to new replies.