Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Edinburghers… recommend me a show
  • vintagewino
    Free Member

comedy like. The wife and I have a night at the festival tomorrow night but this year I seem pretty meh about the whole thing and have no idea what’s good. anyone seen anything they can recommend? preferably a bit leftfield/edgy but overall really funny. ta!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Andrew Lawrence leftfield. Tom Stade edgy

Andrew will make you wonder about the depths of misanthropy and Tom might call you a **** for not pleasuring your wife. Or something.

Northwind

Good call that, we saw Bianco last year and it was awesome. Not all good, I thought, some bits fell a wee bit flat but the best bits knocked me out. Not very funny but cool as.

<god DAMN your edits!>

flowerpower
    Free Member

Bianco were pretty amazing overall – but not comedy

Rubber bandits good for comedy / music

vintagewino
    Free Member

thanks for the tips so far!

lapierrelady

We saw Wit tank in their pre Edinburgh warm and it was very good
    http://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/wittank-old-school-secrets

zigzag69
    Free Member

Off too see ‘Dr George’ tonight:

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/george-ryegold-iron-face-in-a-velvet-beard

Haven’t seen him before, but my wife has and she’s got a good sense of humour (Christ, she married me after all).

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Dunno if he’s here this year. But I’m always amazed how many people walk out of Jim Jeffries gigs.

anagallis_arvensis

Mark Thomas for politico comedy stuff. Saw a preview which was excellent. For non comedy I recommend The Object Lesson and Elephant Room.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Mark Thomas was superb.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I saw Kai Humphries last year & thought he was good. He’s show is on at the Gilded Balloon.

As above – Jim Jefferies (he isn’t there this year, but his current show is beyond compare it’s so good!). But be ready to have some of your sensibilities confronted at some point 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

Eddie Pepitone – bleak bitter astute comedy. 4 * reviews.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Edinburghers… recommend me a show’ is closed to new replies.