• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hels.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Edinburghers Help Please!!!!
  • Getting train from Glasgow to Edinburgh on Friday for work. Eventual destination is the Ingliston Centre. What’s the best stop to get off at – Haymarket or Waverley?
    THEN – what number bus(and destination)do I get from the train station and where is the bus stop? (Budget cuts mean employer won’t pay for taxi.)

Thank you, peeps.

ojom
    Free Member

Get off at Haymarket and you probably want to get the Airport 100 bus.

I might be off on the bus though…

Want to borrow a bike?

MrNutt
    Free Member

most taxi’s in those parts will happily forgo money for tizer.

debaser

I think that Citylink buses stop at Ingliston, that would save you having to come all the way into Edinburgh then getting a bus back out again.

Thanks for the swift replies.

TBC – cheers for the offer, but I’ll be suited and booted 😀

Citylink not an option as I’m using the works train pass.

I assume Ingliston’s walking distance from the airport? Looks close on the map.

poly
    Free Member

UR – yes the Airport – Ingleston is walkable, but its not although it is “right next door” it is actually a good 15 minutes to get from the front door of one to the other.

You might find this useful: website for planning any journey in Scotland by public transport

Cheers Poly!

druidh
    Free Member

Some Glasgow-Edinburgh trains stop at South Gyle. Is there no bus from there (it’s a damn sight closer).

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Get the train to Edinburgh Park then get the number 35 bus to Ingliston park and ride. Will involve changing trains at Linlithgow or Polmont though.

andybach
    Free Member

Haymarket and then airport bus (to the airport hotel) and then walk a bit – depends where at Ingleston you are going but 10 mintues probably.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Where exacty in the Ingliston Centre (car auction etc) ? What’s the event? Do you have to be there at an exact time?

Hi all – it’s at the Royal Highland Exhibition Centre – New Start Scotland Exhibition. http://www.newstartscotland.paperviewer.co.uk/

Safest plan so far sounds like the x100 airport bus from Haymarket. Need to be there for 10am.

hels
    Free Member

100 bus is lots more expensive than normal maroon buses btw.

SBZ’s plan sounds much better, and quicker. It’s 30 mins to the airport from Haymarket and much more if there are roadworks at Haymarket. And there are ALWAYS roadworks at Haymarket.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Edinburghers Help Please!!!!’ is closed to new replies.