Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Edinburgher FAT curious rim bulk-buy
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta woody…are you riding it over anything rocky?

Woody
    Free Member

Not yet as I haven’t been out since the snow started to melt but it would definitely need a few more psi if I was. I’ve also got a standard 2.1 tube in there which must be stretched pretty thin!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cool. Just looked at it all before my cornflakes, my email comment re frame clearance was a bit optimistic…think I’ll just build up the 50mm rim and see how that goes before spending more £££. Will hopefully also get a go on CK’s Endo.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

ardent 2.4 on fulcrum red metal 5 wheel as near as I can measure it (don’t have a vernier)

carcass about 53mm
    to outside of tread about 60mm (so actually about 2.4!)

so i’d assume a 2.6 ardent would measure up at 2.6

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks dude. Sounds like there are a lot of tyres around that width.

Shame there’s only the DH Leopard between the 2.5 ish tyres and the Surlys.

peakprowler
    Free Member

Any pointers as to which inexpensive frames a 3″ tyre, or maybe a 24 x 3, tyre would fit? On One maybe?

RestlessNative
    Free Member

you might let me know how the 50mm works out, are you putting one front and rear?

cynic-al
    Free Member

PP Woddy said a 456 has 75mm clearance.

RN I’ve built it – 50mm rim on front only for now, if I go further it will go on the back and full fat on the front.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

any pics?
    tried it on the trails yet?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Will give it a go in the next few days.

It looks decidedly unfat, so no pics!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Had a spin up the muddy Pentlands today, it’s def. closer to a regular bike than even half fat, I suspect I will need to try full fat to really see the benefits. Was nice to have a bit more traction and flotation in the mud and snow though…

IMAG0250.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

coastkid
    Free Member

Al im not heading to Daves Birthday ride tomorrow, just to let you know, riding to Pencaitland for (proberly more drinking) than cycling 😆 with Mike & co, will get that endomorph to you soon 😮

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers Bruce I saw the thread and was thinking of joining you, may be out visiting pals tho.

Would you be game to drop tyre off at a pal’s in Pencaitland?

coastkid
    Free Member

I will be cycling up tomorrow and there kinda big! :mrgreen:
    but could do it at a later day this week if you want?

cynic-al
    Free Member

If it’s convenient for you then yes please, otherwise I’m sure we’ll hook up at some stage.

cynic-al
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

3″ back and 4″ front look good to me!

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK burghers back to the OP, I am gonna push the button on a purchase shortly, if you want in let me know to save E20 on each order (email in profile).

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgher FAT curious rim bulk-buy’ is closed to new replies.