Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Edinburgh Zoo – Pandas
  • warton
    Free Member

Is it worth booking a spot to see the pandas? It’s free, so I’m thinking I might as well. will my three year old be able to see them, or is it packed?

matt_outandabout

You *have* to book, or will not get to see.

franksinatra

well worth it, they are cute, if a little pointless.

The take groups in in batches of about 25 at a time. x2 large viewing windows so easy to see them. Kids find it especially easy as they can go to the front.

The guides are really knowledgeable and their chat about panda conservation and the (hopeful) pregnancy is interesting. They are also experts at turning off the flash on every camera ever made.

warton
    Free Member

cheers all, I’ll book it!

kastle
    Free Member

I would book in advance also. Someone I know tried to book into a time slot on the day and didn’t get one.

One was asleep when I went but the boy, who had just woken up, was very playful and was running around his enclosure.

GrahamS

We were told to book in advance, but when we tried there were no slots left.
    But we were able to get a slot when we turned up on the day.

Worth seeing – and it’s right next to the massive penguins bit which is also great fun.

jp-t853

We are going in October, our daughter loves watching the penguin webcam. I’m not sure if she will like the smell of the penguins when seeing the real thing though.

lizzz
    Free Member

The pandas are worth seeing, but apparently they do sleep a lot…

Don’t forget to go to the penguin parade, they let the penguins out to go for a walk around… and the animal encounter at 1pm is worth a look too, we got to hold a giant stick insect and the really little kids seem to love getting so close to an animal that isn’t going to bite their face off.

MrsToast
    Free Member

The penguins are brilliant, especially the parade! The Humboldts (sp?) are very inquisitive, especially the younger ones.

Sun bears are also ace, not sure if they’re still there? They were a new addition when we went a few years back.

geoffj

The sunbears are still there in the old polar bear enclosure.

sc-xc

10 posts and no mention of essay-fuelled head kickings?

😐

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

well worth it, they are cute, if a little pointless.

Why is the cute factor always so important ?

OK David Mundell might not be cute, and he’s definitely pointless, but surely his exotic rarity value outweighs his pig-ugliness ?

So how about organising a trip down to the House of Commons in London where he can be seen in luxurious no-expense-spared conditions ?

glupton1976
    Free Member

I would love to go and see the pandas, but I suspect I may be banned. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Zoo – Pandas’ is closed to new replies.