Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Edinburgh Wednesday Night
  • bigjim

Aye good fun, glad you had fun getting back Chris! I’d have been ill going up that hill on a singlespeed too!

Made it back solo though clubbidean OK, the fear kept my speed up, came across some people camping, not sure who got the biggest shock…

nice little reminder of summer.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Sorry I missed this one. Needed back early so ended up in GT wishing I’d brought more water. Seriously warm eh?

And who added the tag above?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I finished work at 6:30 in princes street gardens, killed myself cycling home as fast as possible and back to the location you said but only made it there by 7:10 so i missed you.

decided i would go myself and realised just as i was going off road i didn’t have my back brake and had to meet you guys to get it sorted! got dead annoyed! nearly went home and cried. Went anyway and i think i can safely say i had a pretty good ride! normally get dead scared on my own int dark but first time i didn’t! has personal victory for me. Don’t know the trails and didn’t have a map (only form memory at looking before i left) so was very sketchy int he dark guessing my way round.

I went along to where you said to meet, then continued on a bit in hope i might catch you, think i must have come off the canal path at sight hill … ish. then cycled along to currie and up the hill to the car park for pentads visitor centre thingy or whatever it is (near the reservoirs) then went over the hill form there to Glencorse Resevoir via Maidens Clough, met two guys up there guy on a black trance and a guy on a new red and white enduro. then went along the side of the reservoir (east) and up the side of the danger area to castle law and followed the red gravel track right along the side of the ranges, then up Allermuir (just wanted to see the view over edinburgh at night) then down to swans ton not the best descent but i was well hungry by then as didn’t have anything before heading out! sooo full and tired now!

Will catch you next time!!!

stevemtb
    Free Member

What a great night ride, puke hill actually lived up to it’s name (glad you got home ok Chris), first night ride of the season for me, Paul remembered me from uni (must have been the one class I actually went to!), and I minced around like a lump of mince in the dark (lights need adjusted so they point forwards not down…). Great night ride!!!

Shattered now but already looking forward to next week – if we get weather like that again!

Northwind

TandemJeremy – Member

Waht hill when / where northwind? didn’t see you.

I was being one of them motorists at the time, just going down from the bonaly shop. I did consider trying to mow you down just to test that defensive riding 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In a car? pfftp

13thfloormonk

Puke Hill on a singlespeed?? Ouchy. I tried that a couple of times then just started pretending it wasn’t there and going along Torduff instead… 😳

rthomas17
    Free Member

Fantastic evening – passed loads of riders on our way back – most have been some of the guys from this forum. Be good if conditions were like that every week eh?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Couldashouldawoulda that tag was me, i went up Puke hill for the first time and thus sitcom-esque situation at the homestead.

On another note, nowt makes me chunder and gets away so lightly so I got home pronto today and had another bash…less walking & less chunks on the heather.

Where’s the local 2:1 heroes to inspire me then?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s quicker and less painful just to jog up Puke Hill with yer singlespeed. I haven’t ridden my singlespeed much this year but plan to change that over the winter so mabies see you on a Wed night. Always enjoyed riding my singlespeed 32:16 in the Pentlands, anything smaller would be a right pain in the arse on the way out and back, and as I said if you can’t ride up it then you’re almost as quick just to walk up it.

2010_03022ndMarch20100052 by steven160275, on Flickr

Singlespeed in the snaw.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

StevenMenmuir, running a 25/12 so swings and roundabouts there.

This burden-less yoof, ungainful menial employment and a ready supply of carbs means i’ll be up there tomorrow an aw.

SNOW!Brill.

ojom
    Free Member

chris- Lets sort a ride out somenight soon or day.

Will show you some fun bits.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Until I can haberdasher some LED’s together -DIY or manufactured- daytime’s bestest.

In – Law commitments this weekend, then whatever/whenever.

Cheers, safe to presume that’s you Mark?

ojom
    Free Member

Safe, tis I.

We can sort you some lights. We have loaners in exchange for pints.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Down the ‘morrow then. Further to illumination, it’s payday so pads and lube and bits to be purchased.

Pints it is, but only if you can tell me who does “Black Isle” on draft?

13thfloormonk

Cloisters in Tollcross, and maybe the Tap in Stockbridge?

ojom
    Free Member

13th knows his beer. He is correct.

Also, Bennets at Morningside. Adam says so and he LOVES beer.

bigjim

Black isle beer is brewed about 1 mile from where I grew up on the black isle, good to see others have fine beer taste too.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Can someone please tell me where a bouts puke hill is? should be out next wednesday with you lot, will try make it this time!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

anus – puke hill is the climb from bonally up onto the hills. If you let us know for sure someone will wait for you at a meet point

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=321055&y=667300&z=120&sv=321055,667300&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=578&ax=321055&ay=667300&lm=0

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Wednesday Night’ is closed to new replies.