Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Edinburgh – Wednesday Night Ride
  • grantmccall63
    Free Member

Same script as last week ?…..6:30pm Cargo/Canal Basin….7pm Bonaly shop.

See you there….cheers.

Grant

13thfloormonk

I will tentatively sign up for this one, however my knee is making nasty little gristly sounds after the weekend so I’ll make a call on it on wednesday.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Unless the wife says otherwise i’ll see you at 6:30 by Cargo.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

bigjim

IF its dry AND I meet a deadline I have tomorrow AND get out the office in time I’m up ferret, else NULL

13thfloormonk

I’m out 🙁

Seems long distance singlespeeding just doesn’t work for me, regardless of what gear I’m running or wether I sit or stand, my knees still go nasty!

robgarrioch

Not this week, but with mini-me off visiting the in-laws next week, the surfings gonna be good…. or something.

Garry_Lager

Will join ye if that’s OK. 7pm at the shoap.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I plan to head out but earlier – just in case you want to meet/avoid me.

I’ll be on a white Pompetamine with carbon forks and Woodchippers, bullying any passers by 😛

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

The clouds are looking a bit dark in them hills.

If anyone fancies a spot of riding closer to the centre of town I’d be happy to show a small group the routes I ride.

It’s significantly more technical than anything in the Pentlands, and alot more fun. Takes about two hours depending on your legs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Please share….or suggest a meeting time/place.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’d be happy to meet people by Holyrood palace at 18:30. But only a small group of maybe 2 or 3 at a push.

It’s all ridable, up and down, but those with less confidence on a bike might struggle with some of the more technical bits. I’ll be there on a grey Banshee Spitfire.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Planning on leaving town 5:30pm but if I have to work late I might see you – will confirm if so.

Presumably your stuff is “secret”?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

The location is very very obvious but the riding lines are not well known, I never see anyone else on them and i’ve been riding them daily for about 2 years.

I could meet at 6pm if that makes it easier on people. Would be finished by 8pm unless people would like to practice the lines.

coogan
    Free Member

Al, give me a call if you like, meeting winnie at 4.30ish onwards.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Choices, choices…nice to be in demand.

coogan
    Free Member

There is only one choice. 😡

cynic-al
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be up there until 6:15 or so.

coogan
    Free Member

You’ll probably catch up with us on the first climb :mrgreen:

cynic-al
    Free Member

you’d get up Bonally in 1:45?

Been training?

coogan
    Free Member

Two push ups a week. That’s right, buffed to bursting.

bigjim

Pentlands were in good nick on sunday, black hill was dry apart from the usual bog crossing area, which was nice, phantoms a bit too wet still.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

ahhhjrene, might see you there. It’s my “local” too. If i’m not there by 6 or 6.30 (whatever you decide, actually I can only do 6.30) don’t wait. Likewise if numbers are more than 2 or 3, i’ll amuse myself.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Cool. 18:30 would be good, it’d mean i’d get to put the boy to bed before heading out. That sound ok?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

good to me. If something comes up i’ll post up here. will you be in the carpark or round the front?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Out the front, across the road from parliament at 18:30.

Anybody else up for it? Need to keep the number small though, maybe one other.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

cool.

bigjim

too early for me but sounds interesting, have ridden there a few times, technical stuff sounds good/scary though. I’ll maybe head to pantlands for 7 and stalk hervelo if no one else is going.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think there will be a few heading out to the pentlands – I am undecided as yet

debaser

would love to, but the acute bronchitis might make it hard to keep up 🙁

have fun in the Pentlands and Liz’s back gairden.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

I’m still planning on being there and btw big boxes of Jelly Babies are half price (£2) in the Coop 🙂

bigjim

I’ll be there, will try not to get lost on the way this time!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I am considering a run out to the pentlands. Lights will still be needed wont they?

I will also be on a bike that is around 53 sizes to small for me as it’s the wife’s bike and I dont have a MTB built up at present.

mustard
    Free Member

I’ll try and catch ahhhjrene and PaulG @ Holyrood, but don’t hang about if i’m not there.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

At your pace, definately.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

need lights for the last hour maybe

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

got to cancel im afraid, an emergency

jimmy

aww quite fancy a ride but am pooped from training and manic work days… Next week fo-sho.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Start early enough and ride at a decent pace…no lights needed!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

No problem ahhhjrene, waited for a few minutes and set off for a wee spin. Lovely night for it and it was bone dry! Another time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh – Wednesday Night Ride’ is closed to new replies.