Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Edinburgh Roseburn cycle path – is the Russel Road entrance closed?
  • ChrisL

As title. This was supposed to be closed for a year starting late last year due to the tram works but I don’t know if the closure actually happened. I need to use it once a year and that’s coming up this Thursday so it’d be handy to know whether I need to work out an alternative route. 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Russell road is still open, and the cycle path is as well. There is signs up saying RR is due to shut til next year due to tram works – supposed to be shutting this month. If that happens, they will have shut two of the three ways I can go to work, forcing me to use the road from hell 🙁

ChrisL

I found some stuff on a Spokes forum that said that Russel Road itself would not get closed for cycle traffic, just motor vehicles. That was in a discussion from last year so TIE may have changed their plans following the delay in the closure.

ChrisL

It’s that time of the year again – is it currently possible (and more importantly for me will it be possible a week on Thursday) to get up to the north Edinburgh cycle paths from Russell Road?

coogan
    Free Member

No, the road is open again, but the path off it is still closed. But just go along to Roseburn Street, right at the lights on to Roseburn Terrace and the then first left onto Wester Coates Terrace, up the road a bit and take a left onto the path. Takes 2mins. Been doing it all year.

ChrisL

Thanks for the diversion information, coogan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Roseburn cycle path – is the Russel Road entrance closed?’ is closed to new replies.