Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Edinburgh riders – are Russell Road/ Water of Leith path open around tramworks?
  • Stu_N

Not been commuting by bike since Jan but just about getting back to it.

Anyone know the state of a few couple of bits of routes I use that are in and around tram works? In particular:

– Russell Road (going from Roseburn to Gorgie, rather than onto cyclepath)

– The bit of the Water of Leith Walkway beside Murrayfield Park where if goes under the railway and appears on Balgreen Road

– Access to the old railway path from Balgreen Road heading to Pinkhill

– The path through the Gyle that links the bypass underpass and emerges near HSBC that crosses the tram route

Cheers!

cynic-al
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

The bit of the Water of Leith Walkway beside Murrayfield Park where if goes under the railway and appears on Balgreen Road

It has a diversion onto the road to the skatepark still.

– Russell Road (going from Roseburn to Gorgie, rather than onto cyclepath)

Blocked to cars but there is a channel for cyclists and peds. Be careful though, couple of blind bends!

Stu_N

Al – that’s just roads, was more interested in paths really. But it has reminded me that Gillespie Road is closed.

TBC – cheers.

Stu_N

Oh, and the bit of the Water of Leith path just after Spylaw tunnel heading into town – is that still a manky swampy mess?

druidh
    Free Member

That bit was all resurfaced. Last time I was along there it was no longer that “soot in suspension” stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh riders – are Russell Road/ Water of Leith path open around tramworks?’ is closed to new replies.