Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Edge 1000 dead
  • bitasuite
    Free Member

I tried using a course this morning on my Edge 1000 and the unit reset after less than 1 mile. After it restarted, I selected the course again and rode another 500 metres and the unit switched off. It now will only switch on when it’s connected to a PC. When I unplug it the screen fades out and won’t switch on.

Any ideas?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

My 510 done something very similar, tried resetting it and still nothing. Had to send it back unfortunately.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

My first one died too, stopped reading height and various other faults that software updates and hard reset couldn’t resolve. Same happened to friends, both replaced under warranty. Deffo try software update and reset to see if that fixes it

bitasuite
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I got it from Gumtree and it came without the warranty info or box. Is it still ok to send back? I’ll contact Garmin to let them know what’s going on.

riddoch

Garmin are fairly good, if you have been the only person to register it you should be alight. The edge 1000 have been out less than a year anyway haven’t they?
    There should be a hard reset key press sequence that may help.
    You don’t need to worry about the box, if you have to return you only need to send the unit.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Garmin were great. I called them and told them the unit was faulty but I bought it second hand and they agreed to replace it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Edge 1000 dead’ is closed to new replies.