Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Edale/Jacobs Ladder- current conditions? Is it snowing etc etc
  • hora
    Free Member

According to the Metoffice its supposed to snow. Whats it like there today?

MisterT

no snow today. mostly melted although there are still iced up bits slowly thawing. but big dump of it expected tomoz. but temp is above +5degC so don't expect it to settle for long if at all.

hora
    Free Member

Yes http://news.sky.com/skynews/Weather if you click on each day- its rain not snow.

mjb

The mountain weather forecast (which doesn't seem to be working at the moment) suggested that although it had warmed up, the high areas would remain below freezing for the rest of the week and the rain would fall as snow. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

On a brighter note, saturday looks like it might be sunny.

hora
    Free Member

Aye- Sunny weather is best for pushing 😀 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

Are you still planning a ride up there on Saturday if weather is permitting Hora?

MisterT

depends which bits you expect to go up vs. go down, since I rode up from hathersage side and down jacobs, no probs in the slushy stuff… just don't try going up jacobs (today at least)

hora
    Free Member

Are you still planning a ride up there on Saturday if weather is permitting Hora?

Yes. Would be good to see whats the weather like over Sheff etc today?

steveh

Currently in Sheffield cold and grey but no rain. We're forecase to get a bit of rain later but that's about it.

I took my road bike out in the peaks on monday and the snow was already mostly clear on the lower stuff on blackamoor/dore etc. I might well go for an xc ride later this morning so if I do will let you know what I find.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Unfortunately I am a good way south of there but thinking of heading up at the weekend so quite interested in folks findings.

BadlyWiredDog

The mountain weather forecast (which doesn't seem to be working at the moment)

MWIS only covers the Peak at the weekend, not mid-week. The Scottish areas and the Lakes are week round. The Met Office does mountain area forecasts that cover the Peak all week:

http://www.metoffice.com/loutdoor/mountainsafety/

Hope that's some help.

hora
    Free Member

Bumpy

steveh

I did another road loop this morning, yet more melt going on, no sign of any snow falling in the areas I mentioned before. The road from ringinglow to burbage/devils elbow/stanage is still closed though and was waist deep at it's worst.

Pook

I thinking of a recce on Friday evening. Just to check it out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Edale/Jacobs Ladder- current conditions? Is it snowing etc etc’ is closed to new replies.