• This topic has 51 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • edale > hayfield > jacobs ladder route help
  • crazy-legs

Sort of related to this thread:
    BBC4 at 9pm tonight has a documentary about off-roading/green laning in the Peak District.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Glad I saw this thread, I have recently moved to Stockport from Cambridge and have pootled around the Marple area. Its nice to have some hills now 🙂 I’m going to pick up that peaks book and do some riding at the end of November when I have some time off work.

Bunnyhop

crazy-legs – I’ve set the timer to record that.

nbt

drop me a line and I’ll give you details of the mailin g list for our local group

h4muf
    Free Member

We don’t even get a mention!

sambob
    Free Member

I’m around at weekends Weirdnumber, NBT is the local expert mind…

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Cool, cheers guys. I work shifts so tend to ride during the week as I normally end up working weekends. Will definitely see if I can hook up with local groups though 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Sort of related to this thread:
    BBC4 at 9pm tonight has a documentary about off-roading/green laning in the Peak District.

I was really looking forward to this prog following last weeks but I fell asleep sometime after 8pm due to yesterdays ride. I’m still knackered now!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hora – were you wearing a orange puffer jacket yesterday? sure it was you in the layby in edale 😆

thought you went out saturday? or didnt you go with pook in the end?

we did the loop around edale through to hayfield (middle moor descent is quality to the steps which my mate bottled at the last minute almost going over the bars 😆 ) then back through climbing through to rushop edge and down back to edale via the singletrack at the gate at bottom of mamtor!

was a most excellent day – massive massive thanks to BWD for the hayfield loop and managing to keep us on a track that wasnt a mudfest – was pretty much a great route which didnt include any boggy messes! and also Carlos for the map of hayfield and words of wisdom too!

all in all a cracking ride, tough 30 miler but definitely worth the effort!

hora
    Free Member

hora – were you wearing a orange puffer jacket yesterday? sure it was you in the layby in edale

Yep. What time was it- It’d been about 730am?? I was too tired to start the ride down the bottom. At the end of the ride- boy that climb back punished me 😆

I went out Fri (Hebden), Sat (Pook/Ladybower) and yesterday Kinder Circuit (I’m on a push to get fit again).

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thought so – yeah around 7.30ish or there abouts! what is the kinder circuit? obviously around edale way….we climbed up from bottom of edale up mam tor, was pretty slippy but a good start to have the legs pumping!

we did chapel gate coming back down, it was alright until those huge grids/gulleys – jesus they are a bit lethal, the first few you can kinda bunny hop, then the next ones down the middle of it……

hora
    Free Member

That jacket is my ’emergency’ Mountain Equipment jacket that I picked up really cheap in a sale once. Everyone takes the piss out of its loudness though hence it only comes out when no one is around 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘edale > hayfield > jacobs ladder route help’ is closed to new replies.