Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Ed Millibands conference speech…
  • binners

Dear god! I bet Dave has it on constant loop, while he cracks the bubbly open and celebrates the next election being in the bag

Absolutely pathetic! It’s depressing that the party was so hollowed out from the inside by brown and blair that that is the best it can muster. We’re all DOOMED! 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/27/ed_miliband_cut_short/

“According to Sky journalist Glen Oglaza, Labour leader Ed disappeared from screens just as he uttered the words: “My message to the British people is….”

😆

He’s the Labour party’s Ian Duncan-Smith.

CaptJon
    Free Member

People watch conference speeches?

iDave
    Free Member

he’s like an Alan Partridge who never says or does anything funny

utter tool

almightydutch
    Free Member

Piss off back to Germany Ed.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

woman in the street being harrassed by a reporter on c4 news just now looked at his photo and said “he’s a wet lettuce, he’ll never be PM”.

pretty much, yeah.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Damn.. you beat me to it…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok, so this was a very forgetable speech unsurprisingly. Reading the FT’s scrolling text makes you want to weep.But we can forgive dear Ed as he is without doubt Labour’s IDS. But what is not so easy to forgive is when any political party tries to pull the wool over our eyes.

Cue the speech from the surprisingly articulate Rory Weal. Didn’t it just strike you as being a little to well presented from someone who, ” had nothing, no money, no savings. I owe my entire wellbeing and that of my family to the welfare state, that very same welfare state that is being ruthlessly ripped apart.”

The depths to which politicians will stoop to. So “poor” old Rory “Welfare State” Weal was in fact:

1. Independently educated for most of his school life at Colfe’s
    2. Was so strapped for cash that he lived in a £500,000 house (poor lamb)
    3. Father owned Jonathan Weal recruitment, ’til it went bust

Now of course, the above came from the Daily Torygraph so may need to be treated with some caution. But isn’t this another example of the deceit that political parties think that they can get away with.

Another staged managed fiasco. But perhaps a good example for independent and then grammar schoool education for dear Harriet H to note.

aracer
    Free Member

He’s the Labour party’s Ian Duncan-Smith.

That’s a bit unfair – he’s nowhere near as bad
    as Ed.

rootes1

you do have to wonder about a major political party you elects such a damp dreary squib as their leader…

Junkyard
    Free Member

He will sweep all aside in a quiet man revolution of nasal ennui

carbon337
    Free Member

I was thinking about this the other day – do you think alot of people voted for him as they were happy enough for him to have his turn when they weren’t in power.

Tories make all the cuts – labour sit back and vote this tool in – wait on a few elections – dump Ed and vote David in whilst the public are sick of tories – massive change under another spun “new labour” type bandwagon.

Jobs a good un. They’re back and with a media savy popular leader ’97 all over again.

allthepies
    Free Member

Didn’t realise Ed was such a big Maggie fan either:-

“Some of what happened in the 1980s was right. It was right to let people buy their council houses. It was right to cut tax rates of 60, 70, 80 percent. And it was right to change the rules on the closed shop, on strikes before ballots. These changes were right, and we were wrong to oppose it at the time.”

Junkyard
    Free Member

no he was STV in action you get someone no one really likes but no one really hates either

the-muffin-man

They won’t waste a decent leader while they have no chance of winning an election! He’ll be out on his ear when there’s a sniff of victory.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Miliband makes dull speech shocker 🙄
    However Dave couldn’t win an overall majority against the most unpopular PM in living memory so I doubt he has much to crow about.

crazy-legs

I just can’t listen to him – his lithp is unbelievably annoying.

PJM1974
    Free Member

On an emotional scale, the only thing that equals my pleasure in seeing an unelectable Labour Party is the despair I feel whenever I remember that the Tories are now in charge.

Whoever is in charge is guaranteed to suck.

enfht
    Free Member

“Do we want to live in a country where bad things happen to good people? That doesn’t sound right to me. Meanwhile, I’ve discovered there are people in Britain who really aren’t very nice at all and so I think the bad things should be happening to them. Who’s with me?”

Pledging ‘a new thing for Britain’, Mr Miliband said that Labour can win the next election if they can get just enough people to agree that everything should be really good all the time.

“For instance, have you noticed that some of the things on television aren’t very good? Surely there should only be good things on television? And lots of great adverts with nice music that you remember the next day.”

He also called on supermarkets to make sure all the food in their shops is the sort of stuff that everyone likes and that things should not be so expensive, especially for nice people.

And he said that looters, hackers and expenses fraudsters are all bad people and it is about time some of them were exposed, arrested and imprisoned for a change.

“In this day and age decent people who have not hacked, looted or frauded should not be going to jail. It’s a disgrace is what it is.”

FPMSL 😆

Anna-B
    Free Member

His speech reminded me of something John Major would have said, and I think he sounds like John Major with a lisp.

bol

It just makes me angry to listen to him. To think that I am going to have to vote for him (albeit indirectly) in two or three years time. How depressing. What a bunch of losers. I think it might be a bit better if he’d just blow his bloody nose.

And don’t get me started on that git Balls.

I’ve never been so ashamed of the Labour party.

yossarian
    Free Member

Milliband is a cockwipe

Oxboy
    Free Member

He is in cricketing terms a night watchman, if he gets out so what, if he makes a few runs great!
    I personally can’t see him getting many runs though! 😆

slimjim78
    Free Member

whats everyone worried about Ed for? Cameron is going to be in power for 20 years and will save the world.
    Chill Winston(s).

Oxboy
    Free Member

He may well do lol

Coyote
    Free Member

It was right to let people buy their council houses

No, it wasn’t. It removed affordable, rented accommodation from the housing pool.

Oh and all the derogatory comments about Ed +1. Complete and utter waste of space. No policies, no firm ideas, no point.

Was this ever proved to be a hoax? I’d like to think so…

druidh
    Free Member

Thank the **** I don’t have to vote for them.

Northwind

He’s an absolute disaster… Maybe it’s part of some longterm plan. But finding that of the 3 main party leaders Cameron’s the one I’ve got the most time for is frankly horrible.

druidh
    Free Member

Good old whasisname.. I’ll never forget whasisname…

Mind you, the BBC reporter saying that “some of us here still want to have a big-hitter enter the race…” shows where those in the mainstream media have their allegiances.

cheers_drive

He got a right slating in the R5 phone in yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b0150gf9
    Worth listening too (skip the news first) just for the lack of composure or ability to speak from the Labour candidate ‘Hazel’.

allthepies
    Free Member

Blimey, if LeftyTrackWorld think he’s a disaster then Labour really are screwed 😯

hora
    Free Member

His voice grated me. Sounded like someone stressed trying to make a sales presentation at the International Vacuum cleaner convention.

Woody
    Free Member

LOL @ allthepies…………..how true.

I don’t think there has ever been a politician so totally devoid of personality, passion or policy.

Give me the Bullingdon boys anyday.

*That last bit may not actually be true 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Blimey, if LeftyTrackWorld think he’s a disaster then Labour really are screwed

I was amazed how nobody stepped in to defend Labour when we were slating Balls-up – maybe nobody fancied defending the indefensible?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/balls-lies-again

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tories make all the cuts

Oh right, the cuts. And what cuts would they be, exactly?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-cuts-the-cuts

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve never been so ashamed of the Labour party.

How old are you? One and a half?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I particularly enjoyed the successful transcendence of darling Anthony

Saint Tony, last great hope of the party, great reformer, triple election winning, youngest prime minister in a century, longest serving prime minister, leader of the boom, saviour of the NHS, good friday agreement, minimum wage introducing, human rights act, Scottish and welsh devolution delivering hero of the party…

…to pantomime baddy (boo, hiss!)

Nice work Ed 😈

Gary_M
    Free Member

His piece on the 10 oclock news last night had an interesting line ‘hey I’m a serious guy with a serious message’ – you can say that all you want but no one will take you serioulsy.

For the labour partyyh to have any hope of winning the next election then they need a strong, charismatic leader.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

almightydutch – Member
    Piss off back to Germany Ed.

I’m sorry but I think you’ll have to explain this to me. Surely you’re not suggesting that Ed isn’t British? Because the last time I checked he was. And if you were trying to make an oh-so-clever reference to Ralph Miliband being a Jewish refugee in the 1940s… well then it might be worth knowing that he was born in Belgium.

Ignorant and stupid.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Ed Millibands conference speech…’ is closed to new replies.