Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Eccentric Dropouts – why isn't this method used more!?
  • hopeychondriact
    Free Member

null

Looks very clean method for adjusting things, never seen before and pinched this from retro bike forum.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Very little throw.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Gut reaction is it might be difficult to line up the wheel with two independent eccentrics.

rOcKeTdOg

Cost V slotted?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Can i hear a creak ? – plus the same can be achieved much neater with an eccentric bb.

I like paragon style sliders

andyl
    Free Member

Cost, fragility, complexity etc etc. Alignment should be okay with the graduations

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Just thought they looked pretty neat.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Also,you’ve got to align the caliper as the hub moves somehow. I like rockers (blackcat/salsa)

epicyclo

Rorschach – Member
    Very little throw.

It’s for a belt drive, so it doesn’t need much. The belt will break long before there’s enough wear to create a problem with adjustment range.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Why is’nt this method used more?

It’s for a belt drive

Hopefully they’ve done the maths right for the stay length/ratio/limited belt lengths.
    Been there,sweated that (it worked btw)

aracer
    Free Member

I’m assuming that works automatically, but it’s another bit which doesn’t seem simple.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m assuming that works automatically, but it’s another bit which doesn’t seem simple.

It’s easy enough, just align the wheel in the frame by sighting from behind when making big adjustments, then smaller ones as the chain wears are just a 1/4 turn on each screw.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Eccentric Dropouts – why isn't this method used more!?’ is closed to new replies.