Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ebuyer Clearance Cosmetic Damage
  • sirromj

“Cosmetic Damage The item is damaged or scratched but fully operative”

I’m looking at a monitors, and have no information to know if its worth risking or not? There’s no images of said damage or any further description.

Has anyone risked it and regretted it or not?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m looking at a monitors, and have no information to know if its worth risking or not? There’s no images of said damage or any further description.

Not quite sure what anyone can say here, as they have even less information than you.

Erm…don’t buy it?

sirromj

Not quite sure what anyone can say here, as they have even less information than you.

Sorry, I decided to not assume that.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Wtf??????

newrobdob
    Free Member

This might sound really obvious, but why don’t you ask the seller?

sirromj

Wtf??????

Never thought someone might have experience of something you don’t?

sirromj

This might sound really obvious, but why don’t you ask the seller?

Might actually try that, but call me a skeptic, I have my doubts that customer services are just going be able to pop down to the warehouse and have a look for me.

njee20
    Free Member

Someone’s bought that exact product already with the same defect? Seems unlikely…

shandcycles
    Free Member

I’m assuming folks are thinking this is ebay the OP i s talking about. It’s not.

I’ve had the conversation with them and been told that if it’s marked as cosmetic imperfections then that won’t include any damage to the screen of monitors and laptops. I say go ferret.

sirromj

I’ve had the conversation with them and been told that if it’s marked as cosmetic imperfections then that won’t include any damage to the screen of monitors and laptops. I say go ferret.

Thanks 🙂

spot
    Free Member

Bought a few cosmetic damage items on amazon

My sons rollerblades came in a damaged box
    Thats the only damage i actually noticed

Still a bit of a gamble but you can always return it

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’ve done this a few times, who cares about a scratch on the outside of a saucepan or the corner of a phone. Stops me worrying about putting the first scratch on it myself!

Depending on forum, you can often return if you think the defect is too bad. Usually it’s just a return which is functionally perfect but can’t be sold as new.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah – OP says Ebuyer – not eBay. Never had any problems with EBuyer I’d say go for it.

Jamie
    Free Member

FWIW, I read it as Ebuyer, and stick by my point 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I also read ebuyer, but he’s still asking about damage to a non-specific product.

That’s like saying I’m thinking of buying this bike which is sold as having cosmetic damage. Should I?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yet he got the answer he wanted from someone who’d done exactly the same thing already.

And that’s why STW is so great.

*pops off to look at sale*

maccruiskeen

Has anyone risked it and regretted it or not?

Is there anything to risk? – Do distance selling regs not apply? If you’re happy with their returns process then the worst thing you can do is waste some of your time.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ebuyer Clearance Cosmetic Damage’ is closed to new replies.