Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • eBay/PayPal refund or not
  • onehundredthidiot

So eBay transaction fell through. Other party agrees to refund. EBay/PayPal tell me it’ll be in my bank on the 3rd. Then this comes in. So where’s my protection gone?

Dear 100th,

The refund sent by otherbloke (otherbloke@hotmail.com) did not clear from the sender’s bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact otherbloke regarding this refund.

spooky_b329

Contact seller in case its a mistake.

Ensure a case is opened within the allowed timeframe.

onehundredthidiot

Can’t do anything with PayPal because the bank has no funds or is flipping it back. EBay won’t do anything because there is a refund pending even though it’s not going through.
    Seller got back, and it’s a card issue, like it was a different issue at every stage.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And from the opposite side of the fence.

Sold a pair of £60 pedals for £8, the buyer has decided that they ‘rattle a wee bit’ and so I have to refund all costs, the cost of the pedals, initial postal costs and return post costs.

I really hate the way eBay is pretty much completely on the side of the buyer. I can’t even leave her negative feedback.

onehundredthidiot

Yeah but im £460 down and item has been relisted.
    Where is it on the side of me here. Out of pocket and seller has item. Nowt I can do for another week. I paid within 5 mins of completing.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

So eBay transaction fell through. Other party agrees to refund. EBay/PayPal tell me it’ll be in my bank on the 3rd. Then this comes in. So where’s my protection gone?

Dear 100th,

The refund sent by otherbloke (otherbloke@hotmail.com) did not clear from the sender’s bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact otherbloke regarding this refund.

POSTED 5 HOURS A[quote]

I don’t get this. Are you quoting the messages verbatim? Paypal do not promise you will have funds backin your bank by a certain date.They refund to your paypal account. transferring this dough to your bank is up to you.
    How did you fund the paypal payment? From your paypal balance, bank or credit card?
    If it’s from your bank then paypal will put the refund on hold until your initial bank transfer has cleared. This takes up to 5 days.
    Imagine you pay paypal by bank card, paypal pays the seller, seller refunds you, and then your initial bank payment is declined due tolack of funds. Paypal is then out of pocket. 😯
    They’re just covering themselves.

onehundredthidiot

An issue was raised and seller trumped it with a refund. Which seems to override the ‘claim’ my claim in the resolution centre has, seller has refunded against it, whereas the PayPal email is as quoted above.
    The resolution centre only gives me the option to close the issue.

Jamie
    Free Member

So eBay transaction fell through.

How did it fall through?

onehundredthidiot

Non delivery of item. Apparently delivery company lost it. Then found it and returned it in time to relist.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not saying you’ve not had a rough ride mate, just having a moan about eBay!

onehundredthidiot

Yeah, sorry nobeer. Just pissed off and rubbish day at work.

barkm
    Free Member

Bit strange, I’ve been on the other side (as the seller) and Paypal will refund regardless and leave the buyers Paypal account with a negative balance. It will then try and retrieve the money from his funding options, if those don’t work he’ll get pursued by Paypal for the money, he’ll not be able to use Paypal until that balance is restored.

muggomagic

If you raise a dispute and ebay/PayPal rule in your favour then you will be refunded whether they have money in their account or not. Paypal then pursue them for the money. I assume the previous transaction didn’t go through as it was a case of the seller just agreeing to refund you rather than dispute resolution.

Jamie
    Free Member

@100th

My advice would be to try and do a webchat and get someone who seems to know what they are talking about.

Also, I would see if you can get some guidance on the community forums. As they seem to know the ins and outs a bit more.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/21900000767

The bottom line is, you will get your money back, as Paypal will refund it themselves if necessary, then claim if from the seller.

@nobeerinfridge

return post costs.

Whenever I have had to send eBay stuff back for being faulty, I had to pay the return postage, unless the seller offered.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I know, but buyer is saying that they are not as described, and it’s in eBay t and c’s that full refund is on the seller. I’ll pay it, mainly to avoid neg feedback, or a dispute. Ironically, the buyer has bad feedback for not paying postal costs for a return, but went ballistic when I suggested halving postal costs.

tinybits
    Free Member

barkm – sorry for the stalking post, but did you ever sell that BSA lightning? Very interested in hearing some details if not. tinybits76@gmail.com

Sorry everyone else for thread hijack.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘eBay/PayPal refund or not’ is closed to new replies.