Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ebay/paypal advice please – car stereo
  • organic355
    Free Member

I was watching a stereo for my car as mine is gubbed. It didnt sell so I contacted the seller and offered less, but he said someone else got in before me. However he said he may be able to get another one (sounded a but dodgy I thought). I asked a few questions and it turns out he has upgraded his stereo (audi Symphony) to a sat nav system and liked the sat nav so much he decided to buy one for his wifes A3, so he now has another audi symphony for sale.

So long story short, what is the best way to pay, via Paypal gift? I realise I wont be protected via ebay, but is there any protection paying via paypal? collecting in person is not an option.

Gamble worth taking? (I need the stereo to be able to sell my car, and its 1/4 of the price of a new one)

user-removed
    Free Member

Get the seller to list it as a ‘buy it now’ with a pre-agreed price. Buy it, job’s a goodun.

thehustler
    Free Member

DONT paypal gift if you want protection, gift removes it……..

organic355
    Free Member

bugger not sure what to do. I doubt he will list it on ebay with a buy it now!

dooosuk
    Free Member

he will if he wants to sell it 🙂

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Get him to list it on here, if he miss behaves you can unleash the masses on him.

Nothing gets things resolved quicker than a torrent of nasty pixels.

andyl
    Free Member

just pay via normal paypal? You may need to add a few £ on to cover fees but that will give you some protection.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, just because it isn’t listed anywhere doesn’t mean you can’t pay for it via paypal normally, selecting “purchase” then “payment for goods” gives you protection still. you don’t have to use gift for it, and the seller doesn’t have to go and incur paypal fees to enable you to buy it either.

organic355
    Free Member

what protection does paypal offer if I pay for it normally? i.e. if it fails to turn up, will they refund me?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ebay/paypal advice please – car stereo’ is closed to new replies.