Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • eBay worry – Pace RC200
  • timbur
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pace-Mountain-bike-frame_W0QQitemZ170317192518QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item170317192518&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Is that a kick stand? Are they disc rotors? What’s going on with the fork dropouts?

Shame, lovely frames!

Tim

Delbert
    Free Member

He’s got the forks on backwards

baronspudulike
    Free Member

As he/she says the wheels don’t come with the bike so they are probably disc wheels from another bike that have just been used to try and make it more appealing to the buyer. But yes the forks appear to be backwards, plus the quality of the photo’s is poor. Ask the seller some questions about the history of the bike, condition, previous set-up and get better photo’s emailed. If they can’t answer then just stay clear of it.

timbur
    Free Member

Staying well clear. One RC200 is enough for me!

cp

doesn’t look particularly dodgy – unless they’ve made their wealth (check out the cooker!!!) from selling dodgy stuff…

anyway, easy for someone to confuse those pace forks, as the brake mounts face backwards when on the bike, so if you’re used to a normal canti/v setup, normal inclination might be put them on that way round. likewise the ad. states the wheels are just to show… the stand might be the same – take one off another bike for the pics… good idea IMO!!!

i’d approach with the normal ebay caution, but wouldn’t expect anything too dodgy.

jimster
    Free Member

Don’t look too closely at the spelling of “lever” either. 😕

theflatboy
    Free Member

that poor bike – it is indeed a classic, as he says. but now butchered with a kickstand and the forks hilariously on backwards 😆

i used to want one of those frames so much back in the day

🙁

jimster
    Free Member

If I lived in spitting distance (100 miles) I’d put a bid in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘eBay worry – Pace RC200’ is closed to new replies.