Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebay – ti frame…
  • RealMan
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

Doesn't give any indication of geometry nor recommended fork length.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

it looks very long to me, could just be the photo though

DT78
    Free Member

sent them an email asking, does seem like basic info to miss off.

Macavity
    Free Member

Does not say if it is commercially pure titanium(not very strong) or what type of Ti alloy (eg 6/4, 3/2.5).
    The way that (the style) the dropouts are fixed to the seat/chain stays looks a lot like the way that the Merlin cycles / Rock Lobster Ti frames used to be.

fennerhorne
    Free Member

What it does say is that they're made by the same people his other Ti bikes come from, which are Van Nicholas.

CheesybeanZ

Remember to check out my other listings for the rest of the Kooka Titanium range

poss made by / for Kooka .

DT78
    Free Member

Chap has responded saying he doesn't have any geometry diagrams but is happy to measure the frame.

Not the best way to try to sell top end frames, most potential customers I would expect would be interested in this info.

highclimber
    Free Member

Not the best way to try to sell top end frames, most potential customers I would expect would be interested in this info.

you just have to accept that some people do not have a clue on ebay – its why some things are cheap to buy!

mk1fan
    Free Member

I would think that if you open a shop dedicated to cycling then you should have this sort of information.

As for cheap. Well that's only a few hundred less than getting a custom Ti frame and still more than a lot of very, very good frames.

djflexure

He's doing the Zion for £50 more – why not just go for that and have peace of mind? I have one and as Tony says 'they're great'

Leku
    Free Member

Also consider a Ti Pipedream. Saw them at the Bristol BB at the weekend and have just ordered one.

Get the plus of specifying logo type, drop-out type and cable routing.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

They probably come from somewhere like this;

Titanium Frames

and have had the branding removed. As far as I know, they are much the same as the Van Nicolas/Airborne minus a couple of tweaks

seanoc
    Free Member

I'd sell you a barely used 2009 Charge Duster Ti (2010 graphics)with CK headset for the same price…oh and deliver it (within reason).

No warranty on a 2nd hand frame/ warranty on a cheap ebay jobbie?

email in profile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – ti frame…’ is closed to new replies.