Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Ebay – that's the last time
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Flippin got a dispute against me now.

Sold some XTR shifters for UK sale only, winning bidder was in Spain.
    Took me nine days to get paid on the 17th.
    On the 18th he was chasing the goods.
    Finally got back and posted them on the 23rd
    Now he has lodged a dispute and my Paypal is down £94 while it gets sorted.
    Love the way I’ve got to wait nine days to hear from him, yet he expects me to drop everything after all that waiting.
    What an El ****.

Or should I have sent them when I posted all my other stuff I sold, before getting paid?

Jamie
    Free Member

No. You should have just told him to get bent and re-listed. Perfectly within your rights.

…..saying that I have sold abroad with no hassles before, so it just seems you were unlucky.

carlosg
    Free Member

Here’s whaty I had to say on the subject when you first raised it. 🙂

carlosg – Member

Personally I’d contact the buyer and let them know you’ll only use a secure signed for delivery method , I’m a bit of a sceptic and ebay is full of scammers nowadays. If the listing said uk post only then the winner shouldn’t have bid……..

Or maybe they are registered in Spain but live in the UK?……

Or offer them to the next highest bidder.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nah they were in Spain. Problem is I didn’t hear from him from the moment they were sold on the 8th until he Paypaled me on the 17th. So I couldn’t re offer.
    Then he emailed me on the 18th asking where the goods were.
    Earliest I could get to the goods was the 22nd, and posted them insured and requiring a signature on the 23rd.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I will never sell outside if the uk because of stuff like this. Hope it gets resolved quickly in your favour.

oldgit
    Free Member

What with the other bits not recieved I’m down £300

Woody
    Free Member

You’re not having the best of luck at the moment!

I’d have done what jamie said and relisted them. IME experience if you don’t hear from them or receive payment within 24 hours of auction end it is going to be hassle.

Shandy
    Free Member

eBay is a pain in the hole these days. My missus sells stuff as our kid grows out of it, I reckon 1 in 3 sales ends up with people coming back with made-up complaints about the items, looking for discounts or partial refunds.

bruneep

Took me nine days to get paid on the 17th.
    On the 18th he was chasing the goods.

Would refunded him on the 18th and to him to that due to his arsey manner the item was no longer available

brakes
    Free Member

what is he disputing?

oldgit
    Free Member

what is he disputing?

Not recieved. It’s been 3 days, sent airmail, insured and needing a signature.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

4 day – open non payment dispute
    4 days later close it

would have sold all the problems

Woody
    Free Member

what is he disputing?

[quote]Not recieved. It’s been 3 days, sent airmail, insured and needing a signature. [/quote]
    To quote my Father – “some people should be shot with a ball of their own shit”.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

get paid on the 17th

so its been over a week already?

irrespective of how long he took to pay, well within rights to open a dispute after 7 days and no reciept, remember he doesnt know if YOU are on thge rob and has to also protect HIS money

works both ways

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I will never sell outside if the uk because of stuff like this.

+1. Mind you, in spite of clearly stating ‘UK only’, you’ll still get knobs from overseas wanting to buy. Some German bloke got arsey with me cos I woon’t sell an item to him. Tosser.

To quote my Father – “some people should be shot with a ball of their own shit”.

I like this saying and I shall use it in future. 😀

shotsaway
    Free Member

I always state in my item descriptions that “Payment must be made via Paypal, within 24 hours of the end of the auction. If payment is not received within this time the item will be relisted and negative feedback will be left”.

Since I’ve done this, I’ve never has a payment problem. Although I’ve probably just jinxed myself! 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

C’mon
    He put money in on the 17th, nine days after and not a word from the day of sale.
    I found out on the 18th which was a Friday.
    The weekend went by.
    Then I had to return to where the goods were, he knews all this.
    I’ve said all along it’ll be basic parcel post.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

If you said “Uk sale only” why did then sell to someone in Spain?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If payment is not received within this time the item will be relisted and negative feedback will be left.

It’s not possible to leave negative/neutral feedback for a buyer.

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s only two weeks since your last ebay thread and another one about losing I’ve forgeooten how many thousands with dodgy telephones or was it telphone use or probably both. I think the world is trying to tell you something Oldgit. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

With feedback around the 400 mark at 100% I’ve never had the slightest problem. Had an item go missing and claimed for more than the sale price after refunding, but that’s it.

I seriously don’t know how people manage to make a mess of selling stuff on eBay.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

that proper tiggled me!

still chuckling after reading it

geoffj

With feedback around the 400 mark at 100% I’ve never had the slightest problem. Had an item go missing and claimed for more than the sale price after refunding, but that’s it.
    I seriously don’t know how people manage to make a mess of selling stuff on eBay.

Perfect Poddy rides again. 🙄

oldgit is a decent bloke who appears to be having a rough time of it at present. If you’ve nowt constructive to say say nowt.

oldgit
    Free Member

No problem, had loads to sell got it all boxed up ready. Sold it one day posted it the next. Just this guy disappeared off the radar for nine days after winning the bid. Okay I said UK only, but again no problem, pay me and I’ll send.
    Only problem occured trying to get something out nine days after planning to do so.
    Just a little surprised someone expects something in another country nextday after only paying the cheapest possible postage.
    Other stuff I sent went okay if not better apart from two items I just sent standard parcel that never arrived.
    I mentioned in another post that I paid £9 carriage on a £150 order and that took seven days.

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Oldgit,
    Have you checked his feedback rating?
    The worst thing I find is Paypal takes the buyers side all the time. I got into hassle/dispute last year over a £12 DS game I sold, I have paypalled in/out well into 3 digits and they took his side for £12! (He had the new DS and my game stuck out, even though I stated what the game was and ebayed all the relevant information)

Good luck by the way, you feel like your doing someone a favour and it’s not allways the way.

Smudge

oldgit
    Free Member

It’ll turn up, three days isn’t long enough to wait. He paid £5.50 for postage to Spain, but I paid for insurance and signing for my own peace of mind.
    The guy is obviously thick as pig ****.

geoffj

but I paid for insurance and signing for my own peace of mind.

Nice one – there is a scam where overseas buyers insist on the cheapest non signed for delivery and then claim it didn’t arrive. eBay / Paypal always side with the claimant if there is no signature.

donsimon
    Free Member

I received some ebay stuff from the UK that took 21 days to arrive by regular post, I sent a question to the seller after 14 days to let them know, not complain. Any more than 14 days makes me a little nervous, but isn’t really unusual.
    Tell him to ask again after 21 days.

chewkw
    Free Member

Recently I won a bid on ebay only to be told by the seller that he could not/refuse to sell me the item because he forgot to “switch on” the setting to allow for overseas bidders.

I mean I was the only one that bid and won so the item should be mine but he blatantly refused to sell it to me and even have the audacity to ask me to re-bid again. I let him go as I simply could not be hassled at the moment. I did not leave him negative feedback as well.

What a shite head.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve had this sort of problems in the past and one way of stopping it is stopping people outside UK bidding on it. With the £ being weak against the euro a polite ‘uk bidders only’ just doesn’t work and if they’re bidding automatically they can’t prevent winning if they bid the highest!

go to my ebay/account/postage and packing preferences/exclude locations from your listings and in there you can tick boxes against countries/continents you don’t want to post to and it will then not display it on ebay search engines in their respective country

Good luck with the dispute

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve had this sort of problems in the past and one way of stopping it is stopping people outside UK bidding on it.

That’s fine, you haven’t got anything I’d want to buy anyway…

ivantate
    Free Member

Ebay is a PITA at the moment. Most people seem to be on some sort of scam.

oldgit
    Free Member

Well it’s in Spain anyway. The muppet could have checked that out himself before starting a dispute.

T666DOM

Ebay complaints are massively loaded in favour of the buyer. I sold a keyboard to a guy who was a pain in the ass from day one, questioning postage costs after he won even though they were clearly stated in the auctionto cover insurance for it.

He reckoned he saw the Parcelforce guy drop it, however he still took delivery then complained to me it was smashed. Communication was a nightmare with him and Parcelforce, £200 frozen in my Paypal account for weeks.

He eventually escalated the complaint on the final day he could after not responding to countless emails and phonecalls, ebay found in his favour in 3 minutes!

Once he realised he had to send the keyboard back before he got his refund he suddenly seemed to be OK with the “damage”, I’m sure the cheeky bastard was expecting his money back and get to keep the keyboard.

First problem I’ve had though with ebay, probably not the last though!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

Been tracking it since I posted three days ago, and it’s still sitting in Spain waiting to be delivered.
    The muppet might not be there to sign for it?
    Still taken my money out of Paypal, so I’m both money and goods down…good innit.

donsimon
    Free Member

3 days??? I am surpised that it got to Spain in 3 days… Post will often, but not always wait for signature and couriers will not be too worried about leaving it.
    What was his address like?
    C/ Name of street (series of numbers eg 25 6 7d)?

oldgit
    Free Member

Yeah

Calle Carranque No**/**

***** Madrid

Spain

I posted it on the 23rd, so about three days to get there and it’s been sat a further three.

wwaswas

can you not just send proof of postage to paypal to get the funds freed up?

uplink
    Free Member

I sent something to Portugal & it sat in a Barcelona hub for 2 weeks, it didn’t move until I queried it

donsimon
    Free Member

C/ Carranque 22 6b for example tells me it’s number 22 on Calle Carranque, the 6th floor of the building and flat letter d on that floor. Also there is a high probability that there is a security guard who could sign for it…
    He could be on holiday.
    Unfortunately it’s on the other side of town from me otherwise I could pop by.
    You might find it’s on its way back to you…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – that's the last time’ is closed to new replies.