Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • eBay sniping – do you and with what?
  • geoffj

Ta

Stoner
    Free Member

manually at 9s to go.

wwaswas

Auctionsniper @ 5sec ‘cos I’ve got a rubbish memory and always miss stuff.

jam-bo

problem with sniping is the assumption is that you are sniping against someone who will incrementally increase their bid as the auction rises.

I stick in the maxiumum price I’m prepared to pay as close to the end of the auction as I can be at a computer. If I lose its only because someone wants to pay more than me.

Harry_the_Spider

manually at 9s to go.

You hero. I’m a 22s man myself. Not got the bottle to go any lower.

Stoner
    Free Member

its not fool proof but if you snipe at your max amount, you might beat the guy that’s bidding in chunks up to his max amount. There’s enough naive people out there for the strategy to be successful enough to make it worthwhile.

Stoner
    Free Member

manually at 9s to go.
    You hero. I’m a 22s man myself. Not got the bottle to go any lower.

I dont trust my broadband to go any lower.
    I think they still use semaphore between the exchanges out here, and Im not going to lose a bid because Colin dropped his flag.

uplink
    Free Member

I stick in the maxiumum price I’m prepared to pay as close to the end of the auction as I can be at a computer. If I lose its only because someone wants to pay more than me.

but you may well pay more than you would have done

DezB
    Free Member

esnipe.com – used it for years.
    Some I’ve won, some I’ve lost, but I’ve never over-spent 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

Dont snipe dont like it, i prefer the manual method like Stoner…although i use the hit and miss method of 7s (sometimes you get the bid on, sometimes not)

Woody
    Free Member

Auctionsniper @ 7 seconds as that’;s the least time it will let me go to last time I checked.

Much safer IMO as you set what you are prepared to pay and avoid line drops, sitting waiting and ‘forgetting’.

Tracey

Manually at 15 secs with a bid Im prepared to go to

DezB
    Free Member

What if you’re not around when the auction ends?

Tracey

Always around if I want it

legend
    Free Member

9s? 7s? I usually live at 2!

I thought everyone went right at the end, apparently I was wrong……

chakaping
    Free Member

Manually with 5secs to go.

but you may well pay more than you would have done

Or he might not get the item at all.

Personally my max bid also reflects the scarcity of the item and how much I really need it.

uplink
    Free Member

You only need to go short enough to stop anyone responding, it’s not a contest you know 🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

problem with sniping is the assumption is that you are sniping against someone who will incrementally increase their bid as the auction rises.

Erm, do you know what sniping is? It’s just basically doing the same as you are doing – putting a maximum bid in at the last moment. Sniping doesn’t keep increasing your bid if you are outbid (certainly not when set to 5 seconds to go!!!).

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Manually at about 8-9 seconds.

Those who don’t snipe miss a point about the psychology of ebay and how some people who bid relatively early will also then do a last minute raise in response to later bidders, and you may be able to cut them out of the auction and get a lower price by sniping.

brakes
    Free Member

I like the thrill of doing it manually in under 10s
    fnnnaar

mudshark
    Free Member

I used to do it manually but now use goofbay, it’s never let me down.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Myibidder (previously known as Myibay)
    Nice firefox add-on that integrates well.
    A while since I’ve used it now but always did what it said on the tin.

4 secs

legend
    Free Member

Uplink – gotta live life on the edge 🙂

mstrb
    Free Member

Manaually with 10 seconds to spare.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I try but I must be rubbish at it.

jam-bo

Erm, do you know what sniping is? It’s just basically doing the same as you are doing – putting a maximum bid in at the last moment. Sniping doesn’t keep increasing your bid if you are outbid (certainly not when set to 5 seconds to go!!!).

yes thanks. but if your snipe is a penny lower, or even the same as my max bid, I win even if I put it in an hour/day/week earlier than you.

if I get it, I’m always happy with the price I paid, I never pay more than I decide and sometimes I get if for a song.

And if I ever really need something, I go to a shop…

peterwp
    Free Member

ezsniper for me, worked every time and usually spent less on items that I won and avoided getting into blood rush bidding wars!
    also brilliant for bidding multiple times on similar items so you only but one at a price you want!

bighendo
    Free Member

i once clicked on the commit to buy icon with 7 seconds to go,
    immediately got a busy eggtimer icon 😯 OMG
    how i screamed !!
    i did win the item and when i checked there was 1 second left 😀

Markie
    Free Member

I think they still use semaphore between the exchanges out here, and Im not going to lose a bid because Colin dropped his flag.

😀

velocipede
    Free Member

ezsniper here – used it for years and always happy with the result – well worth it in my opinion

chvck
    Free Member

Somewhere around 30 seconds put in a feeler bid and then put in my max bid at about 3 seconds. I usually bid an amount like *.84

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Manually or if not around Goofbay.

jam-bo

ezsniper here – used it for years and always happy with the result – well worth it in my opinion

You have to pay?

velocipede
    Free Member

jam bo – yes, a few pence for a successful bid (depends on value of item) – good value if you ask me!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Dont snipe dont like it, i prefer the manual method like Stoner…

Erm, so you do snipe then. 🙄

kudos100
    Free Member

esnipe. Means I don’t get caught up in the bidding frenzy.

onandon
    Free Member

bid nip at 3 seconds 🙂

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘eBay sniping – do you and with what?’ is closed to new replies.