Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ebay should I neg or Neutral
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Hey peeps thought I'd ask the jury for decision on this one.

Sold a frame on Ebay last week and the bloke who bought it has mithered me to death, you know the one's, 20 emails with questions that are all answered in the email.

Anyway he paid me and I sent out on Friday. It was advertised as being sent as Standrad Parcel with delivery being 3 – 5 days. He emailed me Fri morning and I responded telling him I would post out later that day and again remined him of delivery method. When I actually went to post it I sent it 48hour Parcel Force with enough insurance and paid the extra £3 out of my own pocket (good deed for xmas and all that).

Anyway didn't have access to email over the weekend but came in this morning and he'd sent me an email Fri eve asking for tracking info (which you don't get with a standard Parcel) and then on Sunday evening opened a dispute with Paypal to get his money back stating non-delivery of goods!

Couldn't believe it, anyway after emailing and having a rant he's apologised and is ending the claim but the claim stopped my money withdrawl so I've now got to wait for him to end the claim and then withdraw the money again which means I won't get the money for xmas now.

He's proper pi$$ed me off but I did think just neutral him. Am I being to soft? He put a claim in with paypal 1 working day after posting which was stated as 3 – 5….

Neg or not?? I'll leave it in your capable hands

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nah. Once it's sorted let it go. Sounds like he's been a bit eager to get his frame, but he has apologised.

fubar
    Free Member

can you neg a buyer still – thought you couldn't anymore ?

just checked ebay and…

Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. That means sellers need other tools that will protect them against unfair treatment from buyers and bring those buyers to eBay's attention.

thomthumb
    Free Member

negative – twunt.

hora
    Free Member

I'm still waiting for some gloves from CRC that I ordered on Thursday. This lad sounds abit 'young' in the head.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Fubar – so you can't leave any neg or Neu? now that is FUBAR!!!

So buyers can be complete coks and sellers get no way of knowing which ones they are.

Ok its official I hate Egay

grumm
    Free Member

As said you can't do it any more. I also didn't think you could raise a dispute so soon though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sellers can't lleave -ve for buyers any more. Doesn't stop you writing something harsh though……

satsoma
    Free Member

I used to sell loads of stuff on eBay but have given up now – no help for sellers unless you're a Power Seller…if not it's all in favour of the buyer.

spooky_b329

Seeing as most users of ebay are predominantly buyers, I think sellers not being able to leave negative feedback is a good thing.

Buyers would not leave negative feedback as they feared revenge feedback, and sellers could get away with abysmal service and get away with it.

Its not perfect, but its a better system than before.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Better, really….
    At least before both parties could put there point across

So in theory I could have a nosey on the bay look for some goods that don't offer some kind of tracked post and then buy and claim my money back. Wicked loads of free stuff on there then…

mamadirt
    Free Member

The no neg feedback thing is crazy. I listed a bmx frame and parts recently. Received two bids from the same buyer who then emailed me asking for a buy it now price as he was desperate to get hold of it. I replied saying that as he had already bid I was unable to add a BIN, however, there was no reserve and the frame would sell at whatever the end price. It received no more bids but I heard nothing more from the bidder despite several polite messages from myself. I was annoyed as I really needed the cash for Christmas but didn't want to relist until I'd claimed my final value fee back from ebay. All sorted after a week but no communication at all from the time-wasting bidder so I still left feedback (albeit +ve) just to let other's know that he hadn't contacted or paid.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Peterpoddy – thats a tough one… so I have to leave him positive feedback so that I can call him a complete tool!

hora
    Free Member

mamadirt- sounds awful but I used to think 'buy it now mate' types were ***holes a few years back. Past couple of years though I've bought and sold a fair few items before the auction-end.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Peterpoddy – thats a tough one… so I have to leave him positive feedback so that I can call him a complete tool!

Yep. I would. ALL in capitals to draw attention.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Ok update:
    He now wants to wait until he receives the frame and then pay the money in to my account. Alarm bells ringing, I've given him a tracking number…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ebay should I neg or Neutral’ is closed to new replies.