Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ebay – shipping abroad, would you?
  • mrchrispy

I'm trying to shift an old Technics that's been sat in cupboard for ages and a couple of people have contacted me asking if I'd ship it abroad (Finland and Spain….I wouldn't even consider anything outside Europe). Its all boxed but its quite large and heavy so its not going to be cheap.

Has anyone had experience shipping ebay tat abroad…what would the shonkytonk hive do?

lipseal
    Free Member

Try parcel monkey they should be able to do you a quote.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If the seller is happy to pay for shipping including mandatory insurance & tracking, then why not? Just make sure you pack well and take photos of how you did it.

adam_h
    Free Member

Had nothing but trouble sending stuff abroad on ebay in the past 12 months, mostly people saying the parts have arrived damaged or have bits missing. Even to the likes of Spain etc. Don't bother doing it anymore, too much hassle, especially with all the ebay "buyer protection" stuff 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No issue for me – just properly insured and signed for.

ziggy
    Free Member

Yeah as TJ says use Royal Mail international signed for. No probs for me in the past, 2 days to get to Germany. £12.99 IIRC

dmiller
    Free Member

I did once, got slaughtered by paypal and a lying thieving spanish buyer.

Never again. Dont bother – its not worth the hassle.

Ed2001
    Free Member

As TJ and Three_fish I have never had any problem selling overseas infact the few problems I have had have been with UK postal service.

carlosg
    Free Member

As above , I will post abroad but only using a secure signed and tracked method. If the potential buyer won't accept the shipping quote then they get told 'don't bid'.

it's getting to the point where I only use secure postage methods within the UK too , there's too many scammers about now.

johni
    Free Member

Only if tracked and insured. I've only ever had trouble shipping abroad to people I don't know as friends.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ebay – shipping abroad, would you?’ is closed to new replies.