Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebay selling, how do I make my listings look better please?
  • PePPeR

I'm trying to sell a few odds and sods on ebay and am having difficulty trying to get my descriptions to look good, in fact however I type them into the correct box in Ebay listing box, when I press preview it all come jumbled up together.

How do people make their listings look so much better with bigger more colourful fonts and decent spacing please?

Can you tell I ain't sold much on ebay before then?

fubar
    Free Member

I'm just doing my first sale…I found a completed sale of the same item which had achieve a good price and copied it (with a couple of wording tweaks)i.e. highlighted text and ctrl-c to copy or right-click mouse-button&Copy….The centre text didn't seem to work though.

PePPeR

Thats the problem I've had, I found a good previous advert, copied the text added my own pressed preview and all formatting went out of the window and I ended up with just a lump of text!

tails
    Free Member
    mamadirt
    Free Member

When you get to add your description, you should get the option to click on 'standard' or 'html'. I always go for the standard window – open this up and you'll see a toolbar at the top with a drop down menu listing font types and also another next to it listing font sizes. To the right of that you'll see a letter 'A' with colours beneath it (left click on this to alter your font colour). Further along the toolbar you'll see options for bold type, italics and line spacing.

Hope that helps. It's done burger all to enable me to make any money via ebay but hey, it helps shift stuff 😉

PePPeR

LOL at Mama, I reckon you'd make money on ebay, if you curbed your buying habit first 😉

Will have a better look around, I was burgered if I could find owt like that though!

fubar
    Free Member

Think I had some problems with preview…lots of black appeared…started again and didn't bother using the preview !

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

nickjb
    Free Member

The flashy listings with extra colours and fonts put me off. A few clear pictures from a couple of angles and a close up and a clear, honest, brief description with reasonable postage is better IMHO.

bassspine
    Free Member

nickjb +1
    fancy formatting is no help. Useful information is vital, and not just a cutnpaste of the manufacturer's bull or a copy of someone elses item. I want to know if it was good, honest description of any faults, ideally a hint as to why it's for sale

BADDLY SPELLD CAPITALL LETER DISCRIPTINGS ARE A TRUN OFF IS IT A FOOL SELLING IT OR SOMONE LIEYING AND PRITTEWNDING THEY ARE STOOPID

Spongebob
    Free Member

Auctiva.com!

geoffj

What nickjb said – keep them plain and simple.
    Put lots of high res pictures up on flickr and provide a link to them in the description.
    Put and email address in the description as well.

PePPeR

I've found the answer, woohoo its called downloading Turbolister.

With that I've managed to get the listing looking how I want.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

What a few up above have said!

Good clear photos are the best way to sell anything.

I got some brand-new XT pedals for £20. The picture was really poor quality, and no-one else placed a bid. We just took a chance they would be ok, and they were.
    Avoid at all costs that curly arty-farty font that seems so popular. Impossible to read.
    I NEVER click on the ads outlined in pink or tarted up in anyway.

PePPeR

Nah I only something called Verdana, a nice simple font, I just wanted to be able to centre text and use paragraphs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebay selling, how do I make my listings look better please?’ is closed to new replies.