Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ebay rocky mountain…..????????
  • vondally
    Free Member

well what do you think???

Quote…..
    Rocky mountain frame and swinging arm .this bike was imported from America. magura AS33 hydraulic rim brakes . big mammoth fit rims wheels 26 inch . trer stam ( handlebars ) sugino chain wheels . shimmano gears . manitou forks . the bike is in excellent condition and cost a lot more than I am selling it for. The only reason I am selling is due to receiving a speeding fine. pick up only. cash on delivery.

Is that really a rocky mountain…..i can think of none even from early 90s that looked like that?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

BSO surely

clubber
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain Pipeline – except it’s clearly not.

vondally
    Free Member

sorry BSO….???

vondally
    Free Member

i remember the pipeline lusting after one in morzine….oh those were the days 😉

vondally
    Free Member

lol many thanks

momo

Judging by the shock alone, it’s definitely a BSO, just one with some spangly bits on it.

andykay
    Free Member

cant believe this. I only joined the forum yesterday and just stumbled across my first full-sus bike from around 1996 (I was 11/12). It was originally bought from JD Cycles in Ilkely. I put the forks, brakes stem etc on it (even the big sticker because the cable was rubbing the paint off the frame)!
    Ahhh it brings back memories….

Sold it to an old guy in 2000 (ish) and went for a Coyote DH2, then onto an Intense M1

I didnt think it would last this long!!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

so Andykay is it a rocky mountain?

andykay
    Free Member

hell no. It had ‘JD CYCLES’ in yellow comic sans font down the frame – no official ‘make’ on it. Could have been their own design (e.g. hired an engineer to knock something up), or just some de-badged cheap Chinese import.
    To say its lasted this long though – its well made!

vondally
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ebay rocky mountain…..????????’ is closed to new replies.