Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ebay Rant
  • bikerdan
    Free Member

Yesterday afternoon I won an auction for a baby related item on Ebay for a bargain price. The seller has messaged me to say their child has just tipped juice all over it and cancelled the sale. I can’t help think they were expecting it to sell for a lot more and this is just an excuse. I assume there is nothing that I can really do, just wanted to rant at stupid ebay sellers.

timc
    Free Member

bid on it when relisted & then back out saying baby has spent cash 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

they are almost certainly talking crap. sadly there’s nothing you can do other than complain to them or ebay. you can’t force them to send the item.

Some people just don’t think that sometimes things don’t sell for wht they want and that’s what a reserve is for!

ampthill

Are you able to leave negative feedback in these circumstance’s?

bikerdan
    Free Member

I will be stalking the seller for when they relist it.

weeksy

I’d buy 3-4 of their items with another ebay account and mess them about and not pay for them.

It’s possible that the kid spilt juice on it…. but it’s unlikely.

danandem
    Free Member

The whole toddler and spilled juice story must be standard thing to say as I had the exact same thing happen to me on ebay the other week – very annoying

BigJohn

Email back and point out it’s YOUR item their kid damaged, not THEIRS. Tell them to replace it or else.

It won’t do anything except make them upset, which is probably what you want.

ski
    Free Member

Ask for a photograph showing the juice covered item, otherwise send them a broken up brick (without postage)in a large postal envelope 😉

amedias
    Free Member

email them back saying you still want it anyway, then open a dispute when it arrives ‘not as described’ 😈

or just have a cuppa and forget about it…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Are you able to leave negative feedback in these circumstance’s?

Well, to cancel a sale both parties have to agree to it. If you don’t agree, they’ll still be charged their fees…… 😈

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Weird set of nasty responses. Milk of human kindness gone sour on this sunny Sunday?

CaptainSlow

What is it you were buying? I’ve a ton of baby stuff to get rid of – including a very Gucci Mamas and Papas travel system 😉

And +1 for chilling. It’s ebay, I thought this was expected?

nealglover
    Free Member

email them back saying you still want it anyway, then open a dispute when it arrives ‘not as described

Best idea yet.

Tell them you don’t mind about the juice spillage because it was such a bargain 🙂

bikerdan
    Free Member

Messaged them back saying we would have it anyway, they said it is only fit for the bin. It was a moses basket and stand for just over a pound. Can’t be bother with the hassle so will be watching out for another one rather than get into a dispute with a person who obviously wanted more money.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Weird set of nasty responses. Milk of human kindness gone sour on this sunny Sunday?

Well they started it

SOme strong juice they have that ruined a whole moses basket

One of the risks of using a auction site I guess [ for both sellers and buyers]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Rant’ is closed to new replies.