Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebay question about over seas buyer.
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Sold some wheels on ebay yesterday. although the advert clearly said i wont post abroad. The winning bid came from bulgaria.

I sent an invoice and ive heard nothing back. How long should i leave it?
    How much to send a set of wheels to Bulgaria?

oddjob
    Free Member

I’d offer to the next bidder if I were you.

Sending to western europe would be fine, but Bulgaria is too dodgy IME

EddieFiola
    Free Member

why is it dodgy?
    IF he pays up, shouldnt be too bad, should it? paypal, obviously.

stevied
    Free Member

and make sure it’s tracked..

greeble
    Free Member

avoid.

geoffj

and make sure it’s tracked..

Which is the issue. I’d check which carrier can provide the level of tracking detail you will need to provide to eBay/PayPal when the buyer lodges an item didn’t arrive case against you.

Don’t do it – sell to the next UK buyer.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You’ve said in your ad no overseas and then you send him an invoice. Giving out mixed messages there!

johnellison
    Free Member

Sold some wheels on ebay yesterday. although the advert clearly said i wont post abroad. The winning bid came from bulgaria.

I sent an invoice and ive heard nothing back. How long should i leave it?
    How much to send a set of wheels to Bulgaria?

Personally I wouldn’t have sent the invoice. I’d have pointed out to your buyer politely (but in no uncertain terms) that it was a UK only sale then offered it to the next highest bidder.

Would it not have made more sense to check shipping costs before you sent the invoice? You may find that it will take a significant chunk out of your proceeds as it may well be a DPD/DHL/TNT/UPS job.

As to how long to wait – how long is a piece of string? It’s up to you…

tyke
    Free Member

As others have said – if I was sending something to Bulgaria (or other Eastern European country) I would want it tracked door to door. Cost is likely to be very large for the buyer. I don’t know what level of feedback the buyer has but the least he should have done is contact you first.

You will find that Paypal offers restricted services for Bulgaria and may find seller protection is also limited.

Just offer to second highest bidder.

monkeyboyjc

Unless youve blocked bids from other countries putting ‘no overseas postage’ in the auction wont matter.

bruneep

I sold a frame to a guy in Poland, no problems at all.

Not the same I know but not every one is a scammer.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you’ve sent him an invoice, doesn’t that include the carriage charges?
    If you haven’t chosen how you’re going to send it how can you give him a price??

fivespot
    Free Member

Seems that ebay have caused this problem. I have been ebaying for 10 years, and only recently I have had the same issue with a UK only item being bid on by an overseas bidder. Previously if you set up an ebay sale only members from the countries you had selected to sell to would be able to place a bid on that item. But now anybody seems to be able to bid and win an item. As for Bulgaria, I would take others advice, refund his payment and offer a ‘second chance offer’ to the next highest (UK) bidder 😉

Cougar

Never ceases to amaze me when people ask questions after they’ve done something. If I had a pound for every time I’ve heard “I’ve bought this computer, is it any good,” I could’ve subsidised at least one of them to buy something that wasn’t crap.

You stated terms in the ad, he’s in breach of those terms. Seems pretty simple to me.

higgo
    Free Member

Send wheels to Nigel Farage.
    Tell buyer to pick them up when he arrives.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebay question about over seas buyer.’ is closed to new replies.