Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Ebay Question
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Bit of a newbie on ebay really. Selling my Fox 32 RL 2007. Bids are up to £102 and there is 7 hours to go. I have 50 watchers. Ideally I want around £150 net – Do you think that’s realistically going to happen?

k-sugden
    Free Member

Hi I would not worry too much serious buyers who use eBay regularly wont bid until the last 30 seconds

jamesb
    Free Member

You just have to wait and see! I believe that there is a reserve price option on ebay but this cannot be put retrospectively. Some of items I`ve sold on ebay have gone at good prices for me, others been disappointing

foxyrider
    Free Member

I looked at other fox forks and they mostly go for silly money which is why I didn’t put a reserve on 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I find it pretty much all happens in the last few seconds.

dustytrails

You should be fine – as k-s says – bids go up quick towards the end of auction & is good that is ending on a weekend – eves re even better – riders could still be riding late afternoon

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yah just getting nervous – your right as when I look at previous bids its all in the last hour really. The listing finishes at 5.34pm so hope most riders get beck before then 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

When ever buying new kit I look at how much it sells for on eBay, if I decide to get rid of it I’d like to know it’s keeping it’s value. I expect your fox to go for nearer £200. They keep thier value well.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheers catflees46 🙂

Mintman
    Free Member

[fingers crossed] When i’ve not put a reserve on it seems to encourage everyone to bid so to gain an extra £48 on your current price is probably more than achievable. I put a watch on a while ago that, with a reserve reached £212 (and failed to sell) and when I relisted without a reserve it went for £275. [/Fingers crossed]

foxyrider
    Free Member

yeh I hear a reserve or high initial bid often puts people off 🙂 Buy it now seems OK but you loose that with a first bid.

GGB_Andrew
    Free Member

Agreed about bidding habits…on Going Going Bike the bidding really gets going in the last few moments of the auction.

Hope you get the price you want but if not, pls think about listing on Going Going Bike. No listing fee and half ebay’s final value fee!

donsimon
    Free Member

What happened? How much did they go for?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Spooky 🙂

Yeh went for £172.55 + Postage – so after ebay/paypal fees 🙁 About £150 net so all fine 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Bu66er I’d have given you 200 +p+p! 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

I can put them up again if you like Don ? 😉 Best Offer? 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Errrrrrrr, I was, er, talking, er, 200€, so probably not worth it, eh? 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

how could you put them on again if youve sold them ?

foxyrider
    Free Member

You can ask to get a better bid – its called second chance offer 🙂 I was only joking Don 🙂 I’m happy with it – I guessed a net of £150 so more would have been a bonus 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

oh right i thought second chance offer was only if the winning bidder dropped out. everydays a school day 😉

doodlebug
    Free Member

Foxyrider

If you use eBay again, a lot of serious eBay’ers pay the extra 6p and have the auction finish around 10 pm on a Sunday evening, it’s a great time to have some bike goods finishing 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

firestarter – Your right – I just looked – Now who looks the charlie – oops sorry 😳 Now I back at school 🙂

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/personal_offer.html

Yeh Doodle – I realised that too late – I have more stuff on for a week ending at 7pm on Sunday – you reckon 10pm is better?

doodlebug
    Free Member

Foxyrider – 7pm on a Sunday is to early, Most riders will be having tea / showering after a ride at that time, at 10 pm everybody will be on their computers surfing …..

donsimon
    Free Member

I was only joking Don

I know, me too. Congrats on the sale. 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – changed to 9.30 or so – Cheers for the heads up doodle 🙂 Have to go to bed early on Sundays so chose 9.30 as a happy medium 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

lol least you got what you were wanting for them , which is always nice

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Question’ is closed to new replies.