Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ebay procedure
  • Elmo
    Free Member

When arguing over an item and demanding a refund, when it comes to it;
    Do you return for a refund or wait until they have refunded before you return?
    I can see either way somebody isn’t going to be happy!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Depends…have you raised a case?

Elmo
    Free Member

Just going through it now. I have claimed the item is not as described
    The guy said he’d give me £30 compensation.
    I said thank for the offer but i’d rather return them for a refund.
    Hes still claiming that they are ok for 5 years old.

My argument is that the description said some wear and tear (forks off an XC bike) stanchions “spotless!”.
    I believe the wear and tear to the lowers is excessive and the wear to the coating on the stanchions was not mentioned nor the scratch.
    The scratch may seem insignificant but it is about 10mm above the seal and obvious to the eye and touch.
    If either of these items had been mentioned i would not have bid.

I have not put an official grievance in yet as i hoped he would just refund to minimise the fuss.

nickjb
    Free Member

I would want the item back before returning any money, far too many chancers on ebay.

Elmo
    Free Member

I can appreciate that. But what if i return and he doesn’t refund?!

mrgoll
    Free Member

Royal Mail Special Delivery.
    Keep Reciepts.

Wait for the dispute resolution to kick in in a few days time – they will instruct you to return it (probably) after they intervene and they will instruct the seller to refund on reciept (probably).

That is if you have articulated your case (and the facts) appropriately enough for them to take your side.

When returning make sure everything is sent INSURED (at value) and is TRACKED. That way, if they do not pay up (refund) you can prove they got the goods, and ebay will pay you and pursue the seller. HTH

EddieFiola
    Free Member

What did you buy? Was it an orange?
    I might of sold it?

Elmo
    Free Member

It was Marzocchi forks.
    I’ve started the case as he seems reticent to refund, just wants to give a partial refund.
    I’ve written the facts down the best i can. Hopefully its enough!

Elmo
    Free Member

I’ve opened a case with ebay.

They say the seller has until the 16th March to reply, he has already. Basically he says there’s no problem with them.
    I must have scratched them.
    He claims the discolouring(wear!)is normal for 5 year old forks. I’ve replied with not for 5 year old forks that are described as having “spotless” stanchions.
    Anyway, I’ve looked on ebay but i cant see how to escalate it without waiting to the 16th.
    This seems pointless as he’s made it clear where he stands.
    Anyway or is it wait?

nickjb
    Free Member

Just wait. They tend to find in favour of the buyer but will expect you to pay return postage

Elmo
    Free Member

I don’t mind that i’d rather be out of pocket by £10 than £180!
    Just hoping i could move it on as the seller has responded.
    I just need a return address!

Also i need the money for other forks!

Think this will be my last foray onto ebay, this is the second or third time I’ve had issues. They’ve never gone this far though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ebay procedure’ is closed to new replies.